The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    sorry double posts...

Last edited by ezem; August 18th, 2008 at 09:10 AM. Reason: double posts

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gusto mo adjustable ang ride height ng kotse? Get full coilovers. But they're very expensive.

Another caveat to lowering: Every time you change a car's ride height, a wheel alignment is necessary.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    been there... done that, and i think i still prefer my stock height... why?

a. ride is very uncomfortable. try going through SLEX northbound in a lowered car. ramdam na ramdam mo ang uneven roads. to think that i was using a Tanabe lowering spring before.

b. sabit ako sa 70% ng humps na dinadaanan ko.
    c. one time, no choice na lumusong sa baha. bumaluktot yung front plates ko sa sobrang lakas ng current ng tubig. pinasok pa loob ng oto.
    d. ang bilis masira ng mga bushings.
    e. hinihingal ako pagkatapos mag drive. pumapalo yung tyan ko every alon na daanan ko.

what i did is just to compensate na lang the tire thickness on stock height para di masyadong malaki ang wheel-fender gap.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    On some cars, though, lowering springs may actually help a car's firm stock ride become softer. The Jazz is one such "oddity."

I'm still sort of against it on my ride, though. The Jazz's stock ride height is pretty low enough as it is, especially at the back with a full load of people and cargo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advantages and Disadvatages of Lowering you ride