New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    good advice sir niky, parang ganun na nga lang ang gagawin ko. better brake pads, brake fluid and a good pair of tires. by the way my car is 2011 accent 1.4M/T yan ang kinuha ko dahil yan lang din ang kaya ng budget. and i was hoping na pede yung upgrade na mga gusto ko but obviously i was wrong. the best thing i can do is drive safely. again thanks to all who replied!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For that particular model... all you'll need to do for safety is to change the 14" mags with those woeful high-sidewall Kumhos for 16" mags like the higher end model has, with lower profile, grippier tires.

If the brakes still aren't enough for you with the better rubber, then look at getting better brake pads... but not yet... bago pa lang car, sayang.

One other upgrade that's probably worth it is to get upgraded rear shocks when they finally become available. This will make the car more stable at speed. So far, the shops don't have any suspension upgrades for the Accent.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hot Rod magazine had a feature on an old muscle car fitted with both a GM ABS system and electronic stability control.

All parts were taken from a Corvette.

$$$ yes. But hot rodding can be an expensive hobby.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Cost-effectiveness doesn't matter so much in hot-rodding, but for an average bantam it's another deal...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12