New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I have a Galant VR6 A/T.Last time I had the atf replaced and had the filter replaced was when it had around 70k mileage.Currently it has now around 89k mileage and there is no power during the first gear.I can also feel shift shocks or "kadyot" when I go thru the gears.I already replaced the spark plugs into platinum plugs and had all my engine supports replaced thinking this will solve the problem.I checked the atf level and color and it seems to be okay.Appreciate your help guys!!!Thanks!!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sad to say but the A/T tranny of the 7G Galants is not it's strongest point. marami nagrereklamo sa A/T tranny na yan ng Galant.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree with artpogi.

and another thing....PUT OEM SPARK PLUGS (bkr6e/bkr5e)).never use platinums on galant.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ditto. mazda 626 also wants bkr6e plugs, platinums make it idle rough. (no coincidence, the 626 ignition system is made by mitsu)

i would replace the ATF and filter, just to be sure. it's a 30k replacement anyway.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yep problematic talaga matic 7G galant, heard someone even rebuilt his galant's a/t tranny twice daw..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    better look for a surplus tranny already. sakit talaga ng 97 Galant VR yan. i think you could get one for 40k or less

97 GalantVR6 A/T shift shock