New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Chase : same size as before, 205/70/R15, Goodyear Fortera, 6 ply na ito, don't get me wrong, am not in anyway connected with Goodyear, I just meant may size sila nito.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chase
    so, anong gulong ang merong bias-ply construction?
    halos wala nang nagbebenta ng bias-ply tires... for one... malakas ang rolling resistance nun (bad for your gas mileage)... then madaling mapudpud... then compared to radials, inferior ang handling nun.

isn't the Duelers (which is the OEM tire of the CR-V) already one of the most comfortable tires for light trucks / SUV? hirap kasi dito sa pinas... hindi available ang mga premium model ng Duelers (base model lang kasi ang available dito).

Goodyear Fortera? bago lang ba yan? magkano per tire?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    halos wala nang nagbebenta ng bias-ply tires... for one... malakas ang rolling resistance nun (bad for your gas mileage)... then madaling mapudpud... then compared to radials, inferior ang handling nun.

isn't the Duelers (which is the OEM tire of the CR-V) already one of the most comfortable tires for light trucks / SUV? hirap kasi dito sa pinas... hindi available ang mga premium model ng Duelers (base model lang kasi ang available dito).

Goodyear Fortera? bago lang ba yan? magkano per tire?
    Last year lang lumabas, nasa P2,800 ang isa, mas mataas lang UTQG rating niya kesa Bridgestone Dueler A/T.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tires can only do so much. there might be a slight difference but don't expect a miracle. AFAIK, the suspension setup of the 10-seater CR-V is different from the 5-seater & 8-seater right?

OT. are you sure that your Peso 700 brakepad is really for the CR-V? the Peso 4000 price of the CR-V's brakepad is just right.

yeah, the 10 seater's suspension is stiffer. hence the bouncier ride.

the 4000 peso brake pads are not for the crv, but rather for the 2000 accord of mine. its true! they tried to charge 4000 pesos for OEM brake pads. while i only changed them to bendix, saved me 3300 pesos!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    Last year lang lumabas, nasa P2,800 ang isa, mas mataas lang UTQG rating niya kesa Bridgestone Dueler A/T.
    Dueler H/T ang OEM tires ng CR-V and other CUVs.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    oo nga dueler H/T ang stock, mahal siya ha, although yung tinanong ko is for the ford everest 265/70/R15 ata yun... 5,800 each ata siya... i dunno though sa size ng rav4 and crv

as for the brakepads, mga 4K nga ang pad sa casa, kasi nung pinalitan nila itong sa amin under warranty kasi tumutunog, yung pinirmahan kong papel almost 8K yung inabot eh.. buti nalang under warranty

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Dueler H/T ang OEM tires ng CR-V and other CUVs.
    Sorry, my mistake, I meant H/T. If you compare the UTQG ratings mababa siya kesa Goodyear Fortera.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    Sorry, my mistake, I meant H/T. If you compare the UTQG ratings mababa siya kesa Goodyear Fortera.
    para saan ba ang UTQG rating? may sample ka?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Eto po yung sample and explanation, hope it helps.

https://www.tiresavings.com/tire_tips.php

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the cr-v's stock dueler h/t is the dueler h/t 684 (thai-made & it's a bad tire!). we have experienced 3 or 4 flats with this 684 and i've read in other forums that it's really a bad tire. there are different versions of the dueler h/t. the rav4's is 687 i think.

i would recommend dunlop le mans rv501. i just bought a pair 2 months ago after some internet and forum reading. side facing outwards tsaka japan-made! it's a bit wider too than the stock dueler h/t.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
6ply vs 4ply tires