New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hindi nga? ano ba makakasama sa ride pag nagpabodylift ako? Nagdadalawang isip tuloy ako. Gusto ko kasi mataas ang height ko when driving

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di naman ganun kasama, but there are complicating parts involved, like shifter rebending, streering wheel shaft extension pag kinulang. Brake line re-adjustments/re-lining. Radiator re-mounting, and cables that goes with it. Mas mura ang body lifts but there are more parts involoved in modifying.

Anything that you modify to your custom needs will affect your ride's resale value, drive and handling characteristics.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    kailangan ko na yata magpunta sa filmars kung ano ang kailangan gawin at kung magkano papaestimate na ako. Pag madami kailangan gawin hindi na ako papabodylift baka sayang lang. Baka palit gulong and torsion adjust nalang ako

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hi

for a dmax 4x2, planning to use the BS-694 A/T, but the nearest available size is at 265/70/r16. Origs are BS-689 H/T at 245/70/r16. they advised me the tires will fit my oem rims without problems.

Just asking what difference a wider tire will make on the handling, suspension durability, steering effort or strain on power steering. Also will this lead to errors on the actual speed vs speedometer speed?

Read the chris longhurst articles, but could not understand well andi did not see all the answers to my questions.

Thank you all.
    Last edited by kurt; April 21st, 2005 at 11:49 AM. Reason: add detail

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For such a small size difference, your vehicle will not even feel that it is wearing different shoes.

Wider tires do grip more (assuming all other factors are equal).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and with wider grip, comes more friction.
    more friction, more torque needed to turn the wheels
    more torque, more fuel. hehehe

pero kung maliit lang difference, ayos lang yan!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thank you for your responses.

definitely getting at least a pair at the start of the rainy season. baka ma feel ko agad pag-ka A/T ng new tires pag daan sa rough road putik.
    (but not off-road)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    hey guys, anong magandang A/T tires? Dunlop, Goodyear, others? balak ko rin magpalit sa d-max 4x2.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm using Bridgestones on my Frontier now... I'm quite happy with the dry and wet weather performance.

I'm not keen on the Dunlops as they tend to wear out badly (bukol-bukol yung thread).

Can't comment on the Goodyears though as i have not tried them.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, don't use dunlops. sobrang bilis ma-upod. reklamo nga lagi dad ko, bakit ang bilis maupod ng gulong nya. sabi ko malambot kasi goma ng dunlop kaya ganun.

bridgestone na lang. matibay yan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
4x2 pick-ups with M/T tires