New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    So the wiper sensor of my 2018 XV is acting up and based on the analysis of Subaru they need to replace the whole windshield because the sensor bracket is embedded inside the glass.

Well and good but the obvious problem is that the Sunbloc Ultimate Ceramic tint (an expensive one) that's installed on the old windshield will be put to waste. And they said that they will not be paying for that as it is considered a third party accessory. I mean that makes sense and all but is that really the process? If car dealers need to replace factory parts of a car and in the process they damage or render a certain third party accessory useless, they are not bound to pay for that specific part?

I want to pick your brains on this. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    if i were the dealer i would do the same. youre in luck the sunbloc isnt that expensive.. mas mahal yun non plus ultra series nila..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's correct and fair. It's your choice to put them accessories and it follows manufacturers will never pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    So the wiper sensor of my 2018 XV is acting up and based on the analysis of Subaru they need to replace the whole windshield because the sensor bracket is embedded inside the glass.

Well and good but the obvious problem is that the Sunbloc Ultimate Ceramic tint (an expensive one) that's installed on the old windshield will be put to waste. And they said that they will not be paying for that as it is considered a third party accessory. I mean that makes sense and all but is that really the process? If car dealers need to replace factory parts of a car and in the process they damage or render a certain third party accessory useless, they are not bound to pay for that specific part?

I want to pick your brains on this. Thanks.

i agree with the subaru folks.
    "you can remove it while we replace the windshield. you can put it back on, on the new windshield, later."

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure. And the Sunbloc dealer said that once the film is removed it cannot be reused anymore.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    2018 xv, no eyesight pa right? Naisip ko lang na if ever eyesight-equipped model mo, may waiver ka na-sign.