New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    plus one here!

when I see a subaru, i see a break from the monotony. its always a smart alternative.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hajabah View Post
    Give 'em time.... Subarus are not for everyone.... People need to understand the Subarus were never made to look good. They were made to be practical and versatile above all else.

Problema sa mga pinoy (some lang) puro itsura lang pinapansin eh. kaya tingnan niyo yung Fortuner. Gandang itsura pero bato ang suspension, liit ng loob considering na ang laki ng labas, at parang ferrari uminom ng gas.

Pag nakita ng Pinoy ang sense ng Subaru, at pag dumami ang mga outlets, at pag nag-ok na yung availibilty ng parts at mga units mismo ng Subaru, we'll see more Subarus on the road... eventually....
    may point ka actually, marami ang naloko sa looks... hindi muna kc inaalam ng karamihan sa pinoy kung anu/saan ang pinagmulan ng components ng isang sasakyan...

but in the contrary, i got a Fortuner as my mom's birthday present... ito ang nirequest kong model nung kumukuha sila... and it's a gas, though alam kong lumalamon sa gasolina at matagtag sya... i prefer the truck-based SUV kesa sa regular mid-size SUV, i dont know why... and that's the one i'm looking for, matagtag para matibay... but it's thrifty than i thought in fuel... hindi naman sya malakas uminom...

back to Subaru topic... their Imprezas here are introduced in premium segment... but i've been seeing a few, like the way i'm seeing BMW's... so i guess mabenta naman sila, in premium market...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    may point ka actually, marami ang naloko sa looks... hindi muna kc inaalam ng karamihan sa pinoy kung anu/saan ang pinagmulan ng components ng isang sasakyan...

but in the contrary, i got a Fortuner as my mom's birthday present... ito ang nirequest kong model nung kumukuha sila... and it's a gas, though alam kong lumalamon sa gasolina at matagtag sya... i prefer the truck-based SUV kesa sa regular mid-size SUV, i dont know why... and that's the one i'm looking for, matagtag para matibay... but it's thrifty than i thought in fuel... hindi naman sya malakas uminom...

back to Subaru topic... their Imprezas here are introduced in premium segment... but i've been seeing a few, like the way i'm seeing BMW's... so i guess mabenta naman sila, in premium market...
    Don't get me wrong though, di naman ako galit sa Fort eh. its just, for what? 1.5? 1.6 million pesos? What do you really get? The Forester has leather seats, cruise control, a sunroof, a more comortable suspension, a more powerful engine with the same fuel consumption, more stable handling, and much more for just a bit more than the Fortuner. Its the bang-for buck im looking at. in that sense, the 09 Fozzies shouldn't do so bad. I've seen more new Fozzies than new Forts... go figure.

I dunno man, but adding something short of 200,000 pesos for and FXT is just too good an offer. For a family vehicle, I'd rather have the Santa Fe.... C! Magazine tested it to 32 km/l.... now that's something the Fort can't do.

But for a family of 3 or 4, which is the norm nowadays, kahit may yaya, kayang kaya ng Fozzie yan. If a family can afford more kids and a yaya for each of them, they could easily go for the Tribeca, or to be NOT biased, a Veracruz, a Grand Starex, or even Toyota's own Previa.... pangsosyal itsura nun....

Sorry if the Fort fans are offended by this comment, esp. the first paragraph.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Subaru? Is it selling well locally?