New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I drive my STI everyday and haven't driven a car this much fun! Although I've never lived with a Cooper S, I'm sure it's loads of fun too. But build quality, you can never go wrong with a Subaru... you just know that it's gonna take you where you need/want to go with no complaints. :D

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    parang boy racer the big spoiler in the back.

I'll probably get the hatch maybe next month or so. Im excited hehehe.

Thing that is bothering me is that the visibility from the front sucks. I was hoping since its a smaller car than my Legacy, it would be 'close' to my Jazz in terms of maneuverability. But it still feels big inside and I cant see the front that well (I'm 5'11). Well I guess you cant have them all. O/T: I swore I'd never sell my Jazz because it was so much fun to drive but turbo power is addicting! My FXT gives better visibility than the WRX STi.

Sayang walang sun roof and the stereo is still the same one as in my FXT. But other than that, I'm salivating at the thought! If you were me, would you get this WRX Sti or the Cooper Countryman S ?
    Same here. I am planning to sell my Jazz too and get 1 STI. I really love driving Jazz. Its still fast enough to overtake other cars along EDSA. The leg room at back seat is surprisingly much bigger than new PAJERO and Landcusier especially the floor space for your foot!! Its so easy to park…………. The only problem is if MMDA caught you (sometimes even you didn’t do anything wrong), it is hard to get away with this tiny car (you can not bluff them).

I have test drive MINI Copper S. Honestly I will not buy that car.
    1st : You just cant ask a driver to drive it for you while sitting at back seat. Its so hard to bend over & get in there.
    2nd: when you just press a little gas, the turbo turns on, the acceleration is quiet good. You can feel you body leans backward. then when you just release the gas a bit due to traffic, the turbo turns off, the car slow down abruptly and you feel your body lean forward. Basically you will feel your body repeatedly leans forward and backward during the whole traffic driving. Its NOT smooth at all. I didn’t experience that much while I was driving Legacy using “I” mode.
    3rd: when I close the door, I feel it sounds loud and heavy. I also find some metal parts finishing under the hood are not as fine as those Japanese cars;
    4th: the price is expensive and not match their performance.
    I think MINI cooper is a good fashion item, but not a good car ( My apology if I offend some people here).

I drive Hyundai GC 3.8 for a few months. I am happy with the performance of her German engine. It’s kind of stiff on our bumpy road. The problem is the backseat headroom. My wife is complaining her head is hitting/touching the roof sometimes!

Anyone knows how come Philippines 2011 STI model is 300ps instead of 305ps? how about Bluetooth, USB, etc.? It’s looks like everything is inferior compare to US version but with price 66% higher. Heard that MI will still increase price next month…. Please let me know if any one can import this model direct from US (as other gray market car).

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    "Transmission made of glass."

Read this first. Car and Driver's long-term report of a 2008 Impreza STi after 40,000 mi.
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...d_test_wrap-up

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Absent ang DCCD sa 5 Speed A/T variant ng Impreza WRX STI.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Japan-only Subaru WRX STi tS (tS as in Tuned by STi):

A JDM WRX STi modified with a hint of carbon roof...

(Talgang ma-stuck yung brain and tongue ko because of its coolness)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fgh777 View Post
    Same here. I am planning to sell my Jazz too and get 1 STI. I really love driving Jazz. Its still fast enough to overtake other cars along EDSA. The leg room at back seat is surprisingly much bigger than new PAJERO and Landcusier especially the floor space for your foot!! Its so easy to park…………. The only problem is if MMDA caught you (sometimes even you didn’t do anything wrong), it is hard to get away with this tiny car (you can not bluff them).

I have test drive MINI Copper S. Honestly I will not buy that car.
    1st : You just cant ask a driver to drive it for you while sitting at back seat. Its so hard to bend over & get in there.
    2nd: when you just press a little gas, the turbo turns on, the acceleration is quiet good. You can feel you body leans backward. then when you just release the gas a bit due to traffic, the turbo turns off, the car slow down abruptly and you feel your body lean forward. Basically you will feel your body repeatedly leans forward and backward during the whole traffic driving. Its NOT smooth at all. I didn’t experience that much while I was driving Legacy using “I” mode.
    3rd: when I close the door, I feel it sounds loud and heavy. I also find some metal parts finishing under the hood are not as fine as those Japanese cars;
    4th: the price is expensive and not match their performance.
    I think MINI cooper is a good fashion item, but not a good car ( My apology if I offend some people here).

I drive Hyundai GC 3.8 for a few months. I am happy with the performance of her German engine. It’s kind of stiff on our bumpy road. The problem is the backseat headroom. My wife is complaining her head is hitting/touching the roof sometimes!

Anyone knows how come Philippines 2011 STI model is 300ps instead of 305ps? how about Bluetooth, USB, etc.? It’s looks like everything is inferior compare to US version but with price 66% higher. Heard that MI will still increase price next month…. Please let me know if any one can import this model direct from US (as other gray market car).
    I don't think any gray market importer can beat the prices of Motor Image. They actually get their STI fix from MI
    You cannot turn the turbo on and off.
    How did your Korean car end up with a German engine?
    Last edited by Si 06; January 14th, 2011 at 11:37 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^ I think what he meant is his hyundai having a german engineered engine w/c hyundai is claiming on all their engines.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subaru Impreza wrx 5 Door/Hatchback No more Stock?