New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Quite welcome sir. If ever you have the time to do a "Spirited Run" as Master Egan fondly calls it, we do monthly drives down to Subic via the SCTEX freeway. This will allow your Fozzie to get some much needed exercise on some nice long stretches. You'll enjoy the scenery as well with all the greenery and mountains.

Excellent places to eat fresh seafood and for the wifey to do some shopping while you're there.

Join us.

Master E, wifey says she will consider the Levorg only if we sell the Sporty. So that's not going to happen yet for a few years. Just my luck
    Thank you Sir Sparc179, am definitely intersted in the "Spirted run" Will drop you a PM for contact details so that we can sync for the next monthly drive.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Clark South to Floridablanca stretch has almost no enforcement. I think on that route, near Dinalupihan is where they place their speedguns.

The same case with me, we can't justify 3 cars when it is me who's driving most of the time. We do borrow once in a while any of my in-law's cars when the need arises.
    I think they've started to add a few more roving patrols and parked speedguns starting from Clark North Master E. One of my friends spotted one on the East bound lane one time.

Quote Originally Posted by vaas2000 View Post
    Thank you Sir Sparc179, am definitely intersted in the "Spirted run" Will drop you a PM for contact details so that we can sync for the next monthly drive.
    Sure thing sir Vaas, it would be our pleasure to show you some nice places to eat, see some sights and some duty-free shopping for the wife/ GF/ partner and/or kids (if any).

Maybe we can even organize a group run with our fellow tsikoteers here. Master E? Master Istan? Sir Bloo?

Let us know when you're free. Just don't schedule it on a national holiday, the traffic would be horrendous, as you probably already know.

Drive safe and enjoy your Fozzie!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think they've started to add a few more roving patrols and parked speedguns starting from Clark North Master E. One of my friends spotted one on the East bound lane one time.

Sure thing sir Vaas, it would be our pleasure to show you some nice places to eat, see some sights and some duty-free shopping for the wife/ GF/ partner and/or kids (if any).

Maybe we can even organize a group run with our fellow tsikoteers here. Master E? Master Istan? Sir Bloo?

Let us know when you're free. Just don't schedule it on a national holiday, the traffic would be horrendous, as you probably already know.

Along the Clark-Dinalupihan route, the road is sparsely filled with vehicles and there is not much areas where vehicles can park on the roadside without being seen even far away. In case you see a parked Innova/Ranger/Hilux on the road, be sure to slow down 2 kilometers away.

We are usually in Pampanga so in case you plan something and I am there, I would join you guys. By the way, I will be there at Clark tomorrow afternoon till evening.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2019

thank you Sir Sparc179, will definitely schedule on one of the weekends.
    BTW, on Sunday i got the headunit swap done at Subaru greenhills. Removed the stock Panasonic and replaced it with Harman Kardon Headunit that has Android auto/Apple carplay. They had to remove the harness and gps unit for the panasonic that runs all the way down till fusebox. It was a neat install, no rattles nothing. Yet to explore the headunit, Apple carplay and Android Auto works fine.
    Two gains :
    1. The center display (6.3 inches) now also shows Music info being played when using maps
    2. The rear parking camera guidelines now turn as per steering wheen position

They also gave back the old Panasonic headunit to me.
    They also replaced the USB/Aux piece next to car charger port below AC Controls as the Harman Kardon unit doesn't come with HDMI in port.

It's worth the effort, only if one is prepared to have the entire drive side dashboard components removed in order to reach and remove the wiring harness that is no longer needed for the new headunit.

The new unit sounds better than old at low volumes and has much better display (Same as imprezza unit)
    The model number i got is G31 MID it had 2017 as manufacturing date. No manual though

Total was php 10k. Warranty applies on Head unit as well.

Will post the pictures i took (yup was there assisting the technicians ) It was a good experience being there when things are being worked on your car.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536