New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    im getting a new car this year for my graduation. i really like the forester. its classy and the performance is exceptional especially because its 4x4. but its small, the montero sport GLS 4x2 on the other hand has also good performance and is masculine to look at, the performance is mediocre to.

im really having a hard time separating the two. advice that are unbiased and direct to the point and the pros and cons are greatly appreciated.

thnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    solo upto 5 (5 as max) persons that will ride = forester
    solo upto 7 (7 as minimum if not pinoy style) persons = montero

comfort = no idea yet for the two
    maintenance cost = no idea yet for the two

efficiency = montero (diesel)
    cargo load = montero
    practicality = montero(?)

looks = forester
    exclusitivity = forester
    awd performance = forester
    overall performance = forester(?)
    fun to drive = forester

congrats by the way, nice graduation gift for you

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you don't need the extra 2 seats and the additional height clearance, then I'd go with the forester.

Just upgrade the rims.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    personally, i'd go with the Forester from your choices.
    the Montero is a car you can see everywhere! that mean's it's a good buy. but the problem is, it's EVERYWHERE. in almost every street you pass by there's one or two of 'em.
    I like the Montero, was planing to get the 2.5 variant but some of my friends say it's underpowered but I don't know about the soon to be released Montero with the VGT engine. anyway, the Montero really looks good but it's lost it's glam because almost everybody has one.
    now, the Forester, it's a REALLY good car. that is why you usually see these rolling on the streets (but not as often as the Montero) anyway, power wise the 2.0 is adequate, but the 2.5 brings better performance of course. driving comfort and handling goes to the Forester of course (it's a Subaru) plus in the looks department, the Forester gets my vote.
    BTW, both are old bodies already. why don't you consider other cars? I assume you want an SUV/CUV. how much is your budget anyway?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    thnx for those who responded.. you really gave me some insight on my decision.. edricdude ang budget ko is between 1.3m to 1.5m.. naghihinayang ako sa crv ngaun kasi sabi nila ererefit na nila sa 2012 parang sayang bumili sas 2011.. ano p bh ibang cars you can advice?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    the 2011 Kia Sorento. hahaha! i just got this car from my dad a few weeks ago. a really good car.
    the Hyundai Santa Fe is also a good car.
    and the ever famous Hyundai Tucson.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    comfort = no idea yet for the two
    maintenance cost = no idea yet for the two
    comfort = subaru
    maintenance cost = montero, all though the forester's maintenance isn't that expensive tatagain ka naman sa parts if you buy from casa.

the forester has a much better interior the the montero, and it's quality is much better also. no offense to montero owners.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    the forester has a much better interior the the montero, and it's quality is much better also. no offense to montero owners.
    haha. i agree! if you ever love how a car starts lively, you'd better check the gauges of subaru cars today xD ready for action feeling

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Forester
    advantage:
    handling
    awd
    comfort
    interior
    features
    build quality

disadvantage:
    fc