New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    How's the function/performance of the eyesight with the full front (windshield) tint installed? No problem? Works perfectly fine?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gastromd View Post
    How's the function/performance of the eyesight with the full front (windshield) tint installed? No problem? Works perfectly fine?
    Uhm, you can (not) tint the area where the cameras are located.

Is the adaptive cruise control meant for traffic, or for highway driving? No adverse effect if used for daily traffic driving?

Re questions on tint, when I was at Subaru Pasig a few days ago, I was told "no tint" for cars equipped with Eyesight. I didn't really press though.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    Is the adaptive cruise control meant for traffic, or for highway driving? No adverse effect if used for daily traffic driving?

Re questions on tint, when I was at Subaru Pasig a few days ago, I was told "no tint" for cars equipped with Eyesight. I didn't really press though.
    My sister-in-law's XV has Eyesight and she uses it on the highway and in the city.

One has to do due diligence in figuring out which parts of the windshield can be tinted without compromising the calibration of the Eyesight system. For all we know they could both be fisheyes which is most probable because they can see merging vehicles.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011

Both. Can't think of any adverse effect.

*cross-posting*

For those who own the XV with Eyesight (or the Forester with Eyesight), talaga bang no tint in the windshield? Not even the clear one (just for heat/UV protection)?

Tried Adaptive Cruise Control for the first time today, along EDSA. Very cool.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Tried Adaptive Cruise Control for the first time today, along EDSA. Very cool.
    I tested Eyesight in stop and go traffic - when it comes to a full stop of say 4 seconds, the green light (which signifies adaptive cruise control is ON) goes out, and I have to flick the 'set' switch to turn it ON again.

Is this normal? was sort of hoping it just stops and goes without any intervention

PS I did order a Forester anyway, a very 'Tito' car :-)

9. Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by stanley_68 View Post
    I tested Eyesight in stop and go traffic - when it comes to a full stop of say 4 seconds, the green light (which signifies adaptive cruise control is ON) goes out, and I have to flick the 'set' switch to turn it ON again.

Is this normal? was sort of hoping it just stops and goes without any intervention

PS I did order a Forester anyway, a very 'Tito' car :-)
    Just like to ask if you have tint on you windshield?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mobias View Post
    Just like to ask if you have tint on you windshield?
    nope, no tint (replied in other thread too) - although i have very dark tint on all the other windows, resulting in hard-to-see side mirrors, so might tone it down to medium

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subaru Eyesight/Adaptive Cruise in Metro-Manila/Philippine Traffic