New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Hi! I have a 2014 Subaru XV with odo of 39.5k. Planning to have the CVT fluid changed.

I contacted FUSION R along E.Rod quoted

4,500 - 6L CVT fluid
    2,600 - 3qrts Gear oil, FRONT AND REAR
    1,600 - labor

My question is, tama ba 6L lang ang oil? I read somewhere na need 13L para maflush lahat ng oil sa tranny.

Need help. Pag sa casa ba, how much aabutin and ilang liters ang nagamit? And saan pa kaya gumawa ng CVT fluid change ng Subaru? Nagdadalawang isip ako sa FusionR eh. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dongotskills View Post
    Hi! I have a 2014 Subaru XV with odo of 39.5k. Planning to have the CVT fluid changed.

I contacted FUSION R along E.Rod quoted

4,500 - 6L CVT fluid
    2,600 - 3qrts Gear oil, FRONT AND REAR
    1,600 - labor

My question is, tama ba 6L lang ang oil? I read somewhere na need 13L para maflush lahat ng oil sa tranny.

Need help. Pag sa casa ba, how much aabutin and ilang liters ang nagamit? And saan pa kaya gumawa ng CVT fluid change ng Subaru? Nagdadalawang isip ako sa FusionR eh. Thanks.
    thats the usual drain and fill. 13L if completely dry aka transmission is opened...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    thats the usual drain and fill. 13L if completely dry aka transmission is opened...
    Which would you recommend sir? Drain-and-fill or completely drained and opened?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Oks na yan quote ng Fusion R. Sa Casa, CVTF alone costs around 1300 per liter plus the labor charge.

Has anybody here done already what Fusion R is recommending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Which would you recommend sir? Drain-and-fill or completely drained and opened?
    drain and fill is ok. while draining make sure you see the oil color. and compare with the fresh cvt fluid. pag drain and fill kasi usually every 24months. baka yan 2014 mo medyo burnt smell and iba na kulay. anyways observe lng. not sure kung meron lifter dyan sa fusionR, para makita mo din sana.

Honda hcf2 (cvt fluid) is not red im not sure ano kulay ng subaru cvt fluid.

pics bro!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by StockEngine; August 5th, 2018 at 10:58 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Another thing, when should the gear oil be changed? MI Manila bay said that it should be changed once we reached 60k km.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Another thing, when should the gear oil be changed? MI Manila bay said that it should be changed once we reached 60k km.
    what does the owners manual say?

dealerships will always try to make money...

in this case 60k seems friendly...

suggested interval is 25000km and 15months for the front and rear gears.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    My gear oil for 2008 impreza mt, changed it at 80k kms. Thats the first time.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    I haven't browse my manual yet. Hehe. I think I'll stick with the 60k mark for the gear oil. I booked an appointment with Quickstart Performance in Sucat road for my CVTF change and they said they will be using Motul CVTF. It cost around 1.4k per liter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123