New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakespeed800 View Post
    I stand corrected from my previous post that cvt fluid will be replaced every 100k km. Subaru cebu advised me to replace my cvt fluid at 40K Km but i replaced it at 45k km. I read in subaru forums that they change their cvt fluid every 65k miles to 70k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's your ride, sir? How much did it cost you?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    What's your ride, sir? How much did it cost you?
    my ride is an XV and it cost me 9k. I hope cebu has some shops that sells genuine subaru parts and fluids. i ended having my vehicle serviced at casa.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Change CVT fluid for Subaru Forester SJ5 is every 70T kms ... that's according to one dealer ... another dealer will give a different answer ... CVT fluid change interval should be in the manuals ...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakespeed800 View Post
    I stand corrected from my previous post that cvt fluid will be replaced every 100k km. Subaru cebu advised me to replace my cvt fluid at 40K Km but i replaced it at 45k km. I read in subaru forums that they change their cvt fluid every 65k miles to 70k miles.

Philippine traffic is horrible for the CVT. I'd follow the shorter interval, to be safe.

I've seen various NEW automatics (CVTs, dual clutch, even torque converter type!) overheat in our weather. Granted, that's under extreme use (track, three hour EDSA traffic), but that just tells you how bad local conditions are compared to US conditions.

In US forums, they recommend shortening intervals to 40k miles to extend the life of the CVTs for some of those JATCO boxes.

It's an extra expense, but so's a new transmission.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Philippine traffic is horrible for the CVT. I'd follow the shorter interval, to be safe.

I've seen various NEW automatics (CVTs, dual clutch, even torque converter type!) overheat in our weather. Granted, that's under extreme use (track, three hour EDSA traffic), but that just tells you how bad local conditions are compared to US conditions.

In US forums, they recommend shortening intervals to 40k miles to extend the life of the CVTs for some of those JATCO boxes.

It's an extra expense, but so's a new transmission.
    i agree. but casa didnt know that im driving my xv mostly 80% on the highway. traffic here in metro cebu si also horrible.in fact, an 10km ride will take us 1hr and 15mins to reach our destination.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ako 82 hours to accumulate 5000km.

how accurate is your 80%?

whats your average speed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; April 21st, 2017 at 12:37 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    ako 82 hours to accumulate 5000km.

how accurate is your 80%?

whats your average speed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    60 to 80km per hour. i travel at 4am and there is no traffic. i only encounter traffic when i return home from work. my working station is 110km south of cebu city.usually i get 12 to 14 km per liter. it could be more than 80% highway driving. i use a small car with manual trans when im in the city.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    We have too much idling bro. They always cut half the interval. As per manual...

"CVT oil should be replaced under severe driving at 24,855 miles "
    That's 40,000 kilometers. Does not sound excessive to me. However, how can one prolong the replacement cycle if I may ask?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Larawanista View Post
    That's 40,000 kilometers. Does not sound excessive to me. However, how can one prolong the replacement cycle if I may ask?
    Motor Image advised that CVTF needs to be replaced at 40k KM actual mileage. I highly suggest not prolonging any further the CVTF change. Your are talking about the tranny here.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Larawanista View Post

You can't and you shouldn't ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast