New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good day. I have a Subaru Forester 2014 2.0 non-turbo. Motor Image recommends replacement of CVT fluid every 40,000 kms but on-line its around 105,000 kms. Which is true? Is it safe to have it changed every 60,000 or 80,000 kms. Thank you very much. 🤔

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    We have too much idling bro. They always cut half the interval. As per manual...

"CVT oil should be replaced under severe driving at 24,855 miles "

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    Good day. I have a Subaru Forester 2014 2.0 non-turbo. Motor Image recommends replacement of CVT fluid every 40,000 kms but on-line its around 105,000 kms. Which is true? Is it safe to have it changed every 60,000 or 80,000 kms. Thank you very much. 🤔
    fluids at the casa are expensive, just bring your own, corkage is 50 per bottle

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Mag1 lineartronic cvt fluid is 500 per bottle? Tama ba?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Bro, where do you get your cvt fluid? I brought my own oil when I had my oil change last week.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Ano cvt fluid brand gamit sa casa?

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Bro, where do you get your cvt fluid? I brought my own oil when I had my oil change last week.
    havent bought cvt oil yet, pero one time i saw one at a local auto supply, honda cvt oil(white bottle) ill check our manual for viscosity just to make sure....meron pala akong nakita na valvoline, i forgot if sa true value alabang or sa ace ko nakita.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Based on foreign Subie sites, the CVT tranny requires a high-torque CVT fluid. Below are the specs. They say there are only a few aftermarket options, more so with the Forester XT, due to the high torque requirements of Subaru. Redline is one of the few aftermarket options. Also, many suggest that a CVTF change needs all the old fluid to be changed (13L). A simple drip and refill method will not do as there will still be a lot of the old fluid left in the tranny assembly.

NS-2/Linear Tronic CVTF,pt# K0425Y0710 CV-30 High Torque CVT Fluid ( TF690, TR580)

Red Line Synthetic Oil - Automatic Transmission Fluids - Non-Slip CVT

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Based on foreign Subie sites, the CVT tranny requires a high-torque CVT fluid. Below are the specs. They say there are only a few aftermarket options, more so with the Forester XT, due to the high torque requirements of Subaru. Redline is one of the few aftermarket options. Also, many suggest that a CVTF change needs all the old fluid to be changed (13L). A simple drip and refill method will not do as there will still be a lot of the old fluid left in the tranny assembly.

NS-2/Linear Tronic CVTF,pt# K0425Y0710 CV-30 High Torque CVT Fluid ( TF690, TR580)

Red Line Synthetic Oil - Automatic Transmission Fluids - Non-Slip CVT
    Motul Multi CVTF also claims to meet NS-2 specs. These synthetic CVT fluids are pricey!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I stand corrected from my previous post that cvt fluid will be replaced every 100k km. Subaru cebu advised me to replace my cvt fluid at 40K Km but i replaced it at 45k km. I read in subaru forums that they change their cvt fluid every 65k miles to 70k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast