New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    this proves na masmatapang mga forester owners than sa next cSUV that says can do off-road--X-trail--puros media events lang, walang actual owner na gumawa magplow sa lahar.. outie and escape is capable pero di naman ganun din katapang ang mga owners...

bilib ako sa owner ng forester na yun.. matapang talaga siya-- 1.3M car, isinabak sa lahar, while others cannot or will not...

edit-- ano, may tribeca owner na gagawa din nyan??

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    putsa nakaka-inspire to ah, dadalhin ko din 1st gen all-time 4WD CRV ko
    i think kaya yan. pero lagyan mo all terrain tyres... baka dumulas sa graba at lahar yung stock na bridgestone...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    this proves na masmatapang mga forester owners than sa next cSUV that says can do off-road--X-trail--puros media events lang, walang actual owner na gumawa magplow sa lahar.. outie and escape is capable pero di naman ganun din katapang ang mga owners...

bilib ako sa owner ng forester na yun.. matapang talaga siya-- 1.3M car, isinabak sa lahar, while others cannot or will not...

edit-- ano, may tribeca owner na gagawa din nyan??
    change oil at palit air filter then underchassis wash ako kung akin yung forester na yun. parang delicado yung lahar grit pag pumasok sa makina eh.

malaki grain ng lahar than dust.... much worst pa kaysa sa semento... pero pino than beach sand..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    putsa nakaka-inspire to ah, dadalhin ko din 1st gen all-time 4WD CRV ko

Don't forget to take pictures so we know how real-time AWD performs bro.

BTW, for the doubters, how're these

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...-pictures-913/
    http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...13/index9.html
    http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...3/index13.html

... alwayz, patulong naman uli oh.

Slightly modded USDM fozzies. Ito talaga gusto ko for my chuvaroo eh.

fafa pup2, dami nyan ok lang kahit di ko post open to guest naman,e...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
    Kudos to the driver. It takes a great car to this, and takes [SIZE=4]greater balls[/SIZE] to actually do it. Especially to a new car.
    accurately pointed out... an outie is capable of doing it as well (biased din ba?)... but would the driver be willing to do it?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Did the driver get by without scrapping the underside of the Forester? Ride height (along with the gas engine and automatic transmission) was one of the complaints of FIFTH GEAR when they tested this. Basically in their test, the Forester was more prone to scrapping.
    Scraping? In Top Gear Australia, the complaint was the flimsy skid plate that was torn out during the test. I replaced mine with 3/8 Aluminum skid plate by Primitive racing. : )

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Scraping? In Top Gear Australia, the complaint was the flimsy skid plate that was torn out during the test. I replaced mine with 3/8 Aluminum skid plate by Primitive racing. : )
    The plastic part that came off the Forester, is that a skid plate? Seems more like a plastic sheeting underneath the radiator or something.

In the case of TG Australia, well, they were really driving rather abusively of their test vehicles. For example, Charlie nosedived the RAV4 and ended up with a banged up front bumper.

parang sa lahat ng top gear, philippines ang pinaka mabait magtest...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Stock Forester 2.0X Goes to Pinatubo!