New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    can anybody enlighten me why does FHI doesn't make a 5 speed tranny for their forester 2.0, TIA

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Because they don't have one. Anywhere.

Subaru doesn't make a five-speed automatic transmission or CVT that they can certify for off-road use in the Forester.

Doesn't matter if you have the XT... it has enough power that this doesn't matter. Sucks if you have the 2.0.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Actually the forester has an option for the 5 speed A/T. Kaso hindi available sa market natin. You can check the australian website.

Forester S-EDITION | Subaru Australia

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    magkakaron kaya ng 5 speed dito sa pinas?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
    magkakaron kaya ng 5 speed dito sa pinas?
    Matatagalan pa siguro kung sakali. AFAIK, sa other countries kasi kahit 5-speed na yung Legacy, etc ay 4-speed pa din yung FXT na may 265 hp engine na AT. Not that I really need the 5th gear -- the best cars of my life have both only had 4. I dont need the extra top speed and the extra gear shift might just slow down my acceleration. Which is why they have a 5-speed MT in other countries -- wala nga lang dito.

The 5-speed dual-range manual transmission is a good transmission, but due to the comfort for city traffic the automatic is a good option. But for the 2.0L either a 5-speed automatic or a CVT would be more suitable than the 4-speed because they would manage better the power and torque. I'm just not sure about the CVT dependability while towing...

re: forester 4 speed tranny