New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Mmmm, ipon ipon sa WRX tapos off to Atoy to get rid of that optra grill...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    if they keep the price at 1.6M, that's quite a bargain. it seems like PI is getting the Australian version of the Forester XT, which has more things standard than the ones we get in the US (17" wheels just to name one). FYI, Australia and New Zealand currently has a 3-month (or more) waiting list for the XT. if subaru can keep the price competitive, i have a feeling it will be a hit in the PI as well.

nagreply n sa akin yung agent ng subaru phil, 1.65M daw forester 2.5 turbo....which is a heck "cheap", IMO, for it's performance, specs and everything. bat ako magtitiyaga sa fortuner, crv or rav4 if i can get this monster at the same price, papausukin lang ng forester mga yan. coconvince ko n lang si mrs about getting one.availability daw is sept.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^^good decision bro pero medyo magpalakas ka muna sa BOSSING hehehe

anyway check out this site: www.subaruforester.org

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Yup! In terms of price/performance ratio, mukhang sulit talga Forester. Not sure lang if everyone will like the looks.

Btw, acc to the sales rep I talked to, sold out na raw yung first batch ng turbo version.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan
    Yup! In terms of price/performance ratio, mukhang sulit talga Forester. Not sure lang if everyone will like the looks.

Btw, acc to the sales rep I talked to, sold out na raw yung first batch ng turbo version.
    that's the beauty of this vehicle. it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. other than the hood scoop, the bland exterior doesn't at all indicate that it's a performance machine, which makes it the perfect sleeper. the face of boy racer when you zoom past him is priceless.
    Last edited by wren; May 27th, 2006 at 03:41 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I Hope you guys get the 2.5 version not the 2.0 turbo

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti
    Hmm.. i can smell new converts here...OT . Some people really spending tons of money to add horsepower to the STI with one thing on their mind...straight line racing or to the track maybe which the STI are not really meant. A 300 horses in a rally track is more than enough..what matters now is how to handle it. And those with tranny problems, i think most of them are 'matic which the stupid owners modded the engine to crank few more horses....in a 'matic ?

AHA! a real subby driver. Tama, karamihan dito sa amin (auckland) maraming nagmo mods ng auto/tiptronic di kaya minsan ng tranny kaya may mga iba-ibang problema. stay in manual youll be fine. but 300hp is plenty.

my first expirience was good but my second is better driving wrx. I was thinking of changing my car to 2006 sti . 2.5lt turbo is very agressive.
    problem is, i cant afford it or run it. hehehe im staying with my nissan

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti
    OT . Some people really spending tons of money to add horsepower to the STI with one thing on their mind...straight line racing or to the track maybe which the STI are not really meant.
    My friend's STi is up to 450hp. His eventual goal is something like 550hp.
    He doesn't do any racing except the late Friday night type where V8 boy racers and Japanese "ricers" plus everything in between square off. Friday night here is always a cop's nightmare with all these kids in hot cars running around.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HyBrideVo
    I Hope you guys get the 2.5 version not the 2.0 turbo
    oo nga konting himas pa kay bossing, heheehehe! kasi we are initially eyeing for sorento.mas roomy kasi kaya type niya. but when i testdrove the forester sabi ko, "this is it!", iba eh!

ser bakit yung 2.5 ver? i thought mas ok yung turbo. yun kasi yung na testdrive ko, please enlighten me on that. may hoodscope rin ba yung 2.5?
    masyado kasing bland yung look pag wala non.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    yuichi, kapag naka turbo yup may hoodscoop din.
    non turbo = no hoodscoop..
    heres an example
    http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2..._z5/STI%20V10/

yeah please enlighten us- why is the 2.5 version better than the 2L turbo? are you talking about 2.5 turbo or n/a incomparison to 2L turbo?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
my first subaru experience