New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    I think that the current model, especially the hatch, handles very poorly in rally conditions. I think that they made a mistake on this one...performance wise. Design-wise, its a hands down winner
    baliktad tayo, ako pabor sa handling while di pabor sa design but still loves it
    3 yrs pa for the new model? yung coupe hatch? buti pa yung FT86, yung brother niya, naunang mailalabas. kung hindi this year then i think next year

sino may balita din about sa 2 drivers nung MIRT?

would SRT usa suffer the same fate with MIRT? lalo na ngayong wala na rin si Block sa SRTusa
    Last edited by Burai; February 9th, 2010 at 02:42 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    MJ=Michael Jordan. Left at the peak of his career, puttered around with baseball, then made a comeback.

5-peat. This year was their 4th consecutive APRC crown. It was unprecedented since before that, several 3 peats rotated between Subaru and ... tadaa ... Mitsu (you know which Mitsu you are). If they went again this 2010, it could've been a 5-peat.

AFAIK, VW grew and made money also. Pati ata hyundai (which AFAIK just recently joined APRC). Di din ako masyado convinced na sa platform eh. Kasi yung 09 na hatch na yung ginamit na platform this year sa APRC -- which they won.

Puwede sabihin na dahil sa poor platform kaya umatras sa WRC ... eh sa APRC naipanalo na yung platformumatras pa din eh.

Pero folks, let's not forget. Chuvaroo made money ... pero the parent FHI DIDN"T. in fact, FHI seemed much happier when Chuvaroo was LOSING money pero FHI was earning (mas malaki kasi).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    BTW, Lots of guys also got confused with the MJ analogy. Akala nila Michael Jackson. hahaha.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    I think that the current model, especially the hatch, handles very poorly in rally conditions. I think that they made a mistake on this one...performance wise. Design-wise, its a hands down winner. Pero sa handling, its all over the place...I'm not sure whether the same is true for the sedan model. But they came in too late with that not-so-pretty variant. Pangit.

In 3 years, when the new model comes out, I think that they'll get back to racing. Kaysa mapahiya, nag pull-out na lang. Smart move, if you ask me. Timing is good as most people think its about money...

But if you dig deeper into the company's background, Fuji Heavy industries was one of the few, if not, the only one who made a profit in a contracting car industry worldwide. Go Subaru!
    Pangit ang pagkakagawa ng suspension ng Impreza ngayon kaya laging sira at talo sya sa rallies(I'm talking about those Production class rally cars).Mas matino pa nga daw yung suspension ng S2000 cars kaysa sa Impreza which is odd..Yun namang Lancer eh sobrang bigat naman..

Last year sumali si Crocker sa PWRC sa New Zealand event ng WRC.This year eh regular entrant na sya.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    thanks sir pup2 for the clarification

mas maganda kung may maisip yung engineers ng impreza na pangtatapat sa active yaw control ng lancer para dagdag control points tapos iadd nila yun sa upcoming brother ng FT86 at sana di ma retain yung muka ng current sa bagong ilalabas (kahit na ba base sa camouflage nun eh mukang same pa rin ang lalabas...).

si crocker regular entrant na? pero not under mirt na right?
    sana sa sites nung mga drivers ng mirt (before) e maglabas sila ng statement nila about sa pag alis ng mirt sa aprc

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Pangit ang pagkakagawa ng suspension ng Impreza ngayon kaya laging sira at talo sya sa rallies(I'm talking about those Production class rally cars).Mas matino pa nga daw yung suspension ng S2000 cars kaysa sa Impreza which is odd..Yun namang Lancer eh sobrang bigat naman..

Last year sumali si Crocker sa PWRC sa New Zealand event ng WRC.This year eh regular entrant na sya.
    The fact that the new Impreza is a much heavier car than before might have somthing to do with that suspension issue. Both the Lancer and Impreza are now porkers...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Motor Image Racing Team Exits Asia Pacific Rally Championship on a High Note