New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    What is the recommended brand for an air filter replacement for my car? Is it best to go with a Subaru genuine air filter or would other aftermarket brands do?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    What is the recommended brand for an air filter replacement for my car? Is it best to go with a Subaru genuine air filter or would other aftermarket brands do?
    A popular aftermarket brand will do. You will be replacing it every year anyway. You can always spend more for K&N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    stick with subaru. just have it cleaned every 6 months or oil change. grabe soot sa metro manila air.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    stick with subaru. just have it cleaned every 6 months or oil change. grabe soot sa metro manila air.
    Akala ko hindi pwede linisin mga OEM filters?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pwede ghetto taktak or bugahan ng compressed air.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

the casa may not recommend it, but "it can be done" if one so wishes.

i myself, have mine air-cleaned during oil change, "free of charge", c/o the oil change man.
    it appears, it is a "de cajon" when oil changing, for some folks. it was done on mine, without my asking for it, the first time i had change oil in the gas station when my car's warranty expired.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Basta wag lang linisin with running water no?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    For me better yung taktak, air filter material is similar to surgical masks/respirators na non woven. Pressurized air might just push the dirt that isn't loose further into the material.

OE manufacturers like Mann Hummel and Wix are good alternatives to original. Washing with water is a no-no.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012

It's fiber reinforced and multi layered. My air filter has extra ribbing. Soot should fly off easily without compromising the filtration..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    For me better yung taktak, air filter material is similar to surgical masks/respirators na non woven. Pressurized air might just push the dirt that isn't loose further into the material.

OE manufacturers like Mann Hummel and Wix are good alternatives to original. Washing with water is a no-no.
    That's what I thought. Pressurized air or vacuum aren't usually recommended for filters that are designed to be replaceable (like for HEPA air purifiers). I wasn't sure how this translates to car air filters though. I can't seem to find a WIX or JS air filter that's compatible with my 2018 XV though.

P.S. I'm trying to reply to our PM conversation but your mailbox is full already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast