1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hens View Post
    oh, kailan ang eb?

supremo long-time-no-hear! wb back , nice avatar too

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmichaels View Post
    Congratulations are in order monmendoza, it's time to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Good choice pare! Being a family man myself and 40-ish also, i decided to go for the FXT instead. Still this wagon (CUV) never ceases to amaze me despite being an auto-tranny- what more the STi. (Now I remember my stick shift EVO V a few years back). Try to learn more about your car. I don't think you know what you have on your hands. Someone mentioned bout oversteer here because people who buy an STi SHOULD bring that to the track like BRC or Subic. That's what it was made to do but that's just me. Again congrats!

exactly what i'll do if i have one. learn the art of Racing, Drifting, doing Donuts and hunting girls

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Post ko din pics ng sa akin. Mine is WR Blue Mica Sti mas mabilis daw ito sabi nila.

and finally the DCCD di na mention ng thread starter it adjusts the power delivery to a maximum 50:50 lock to 31:69 front:rear. (which makes the car do donuts, and makes it safe to pull the handbrake without destroying the LSD, not possible sa WRX) combined with a 6speed transmission sulit na for the additional 400k price difference from a WRX.

Last edited by boyscout; May 3rd, 2007 at 10:00 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hello Boyscout,
    A lot of people ask when me, when to use the dccd and my answer is
    I don't know. I just leave it in auto. When do you use? 50/50 or 31/69 ?
    I presume this has something to do with cornering and road condtion. Thank in advance.

Hello JJmichaels, actually gustong gusto ko rin ang forester fxt. Specially the sunroof and the automatic with manual over ride. Siguro 3 years from now, iyan din ang kukunin ko. Meron na kasi ako SUV kaya parang di kona majustify bumili pa ng isa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    those are some nice cars!

i thought the new subie looked weird in the initial pics, but the "real life" pics look much better!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Hello Boyscout,
    I presume this has something to do with cornering and road condtion. Thank in advance.

Hello JJmichaels, actually gustong gusto ko rin ang forester fxt. Specially the sunroof and the automatic with manual over ride. Siguro 3 years from now, iyan din ang kukunin ko. Meron na kasi ako SUV kaya parang di kona majustify bumili pa ng isa.
    *menmendoza READ YOUR MANUAL tsk tsk tsk...(joke lang bro)

well according sa manual best pa din na leave it in auto mode. Driver preference driving pag minanual adjust mo. 31/69 best for straight roads the lower you go it handles better sa corners. well yun ang sabi ng manual. IMHO try ko 50:50 at 31/69 setting mararamdaman mo yung difference sa steering response pero the in between setting di ko pa maramdaman eh. Must get really used to the car pa talaga.

BTW i use mine as my daily driver di naman mahirap sa traffic its just like driving a regular manual transmission car nakakapagod lalo na kung di ka sanay.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Hello Boyscout,

Bago ang lahat, welcome to the club. I rarely use my dccd , like cornering in the snow ( front wheels biased ), or to make a 180 degree turn ( biased sa rear wheels ). Here in the US there's an STI ltd. edition and it comes with a sunroof, leather seats, fog light, and has a smaller than regular wrx wing. What spec do you have man ( 2.0 or 2.5 ) ?
    Swerte kayo dyan , you guys dont have a speed ticket....drive safely , now smoke them all !!!!!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti View Post
    Bago ang lahat, welcome to the club. I rarely use my dccd , like cornering in the snow ( front wheels biased ), or to make a 180 degree turn ( biased sa rear wheels ). Here in the US there's an STI ltd. edition and it comes with a sunroof, leather seats, fog light, and has a smaller than regular wrx wing. What spec do you have man ( 2.0 or 2.5 ) ?
    Swerte kayo dyan , you guys dont have a speed ticket....drive safely , now smoke them all !!!!!
    Thank you. Dito sa Pilipinas, iyong binebenta ng motor image is the 2.5L sti.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
First Drive: Subaru Impreza WRX STi