New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    N/A mods... full IHE and chip... will probably get you the same WHP as a stock Lancer...
    Ilan ba stock WHP ng Lancer EX and stock WHP ng Impreza 2.0?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
    Ilan ba stock WHP ng Lancer EX and stock WHP ng Impreza 2.0?
    stock lancer ex may be 130whp, impreza 2.0r i think 108-110whp,130whp with IHE plus tune...impreza has lower whp becase its AWD,but better traction...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^ both M/T transmission? I hope someone can confirm this with dyno sheets of those 2 cars.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From what I recall, yes, that's about right. And both MT.

Better traction doesn't really matter on the road at these power levels. It only becomes a big performance issue at between 250-300 hp... but a 250 whp front driver is still driveable.

The right turbo is whatever fits your budget and power goals... but if you're shooting for STi levels of power, better to just start with a WRX or an STi already rather than overstress the regular EJ20.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    From what I recall, yes, that's about right. And both MT.

Better traction doesn't really matter on the road at these power levels. It only becomes a big performance issue at between 250-300 hp... but a 250 whp front driver is still driveable.

The right turbo is whatever fits your budget and power goals... but if you're shooting for STi levels of power, better to just start with a WRX or an STi already rather than overstress the regular EJ20.

no sir,alam kong malayo sa sti power...all i want is extra pull,additional torque...bintin kasi ako sa awd with just 150ps from 160hp FWD,hehe...
    pwede ba sir wrx turbo or yun mga IHI turbo ng sti 2.0 engine?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crash_kid View Post
    no sir,alam kong malayo sa sti power...all i want is extra pull,additional torque...bintin kasi ako sa awd with just 150ps from 160hp FWD,hehe...
    Possibly, if you can find all the components from a WRX system, it'll make the install easier. I don't know if I'd shoot for a full STi set-up without upgrading the motor internals or the transmission.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I heard that speedlab's turbo kit for the new Lancer M/T can go up to 230 whp (doesn't say kung ilang psi). I wonder if the NA impreza can reach that whp as well? and in terms of reliability and durability; EJ20 or 4b11? (with both engine having turbos. i know the engine isn't made to be turbo'd but still...)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
    I heard that speedlab's turbo kit for the new Lancer M/T can go up to 230 whp (doesn't say kung ilang psi). I wonder if the NA impreza can reach that whp as well? and in terms of reliability and durability; EJ20 or 4b11? (with both engine having turbos. i know the engine isn't made to be turbo'd but still...)
    kahit siguro mga 200whp ok na sakin un...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crash_kid View Post
    There is nothing much you could do to a NA 2.0. Upgrading the car will save you time, money and heartaches unless you love stress

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
EJ20 N/A to T?!