New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    No, it is not normal. Have you checked if all windows are closed?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Yup, all windows are closed. I can still hear it even when front windows are open. What could be the possible cause. It's to early if it is because of wheel bearing. And can't hear the noise at higher speed. Not sure if its the tires?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jvo View Post
    Yup, all windows are closed. I can still hear it even when front windows are open. What could be the possible cause. It's to early if it is because of wheel bearing. And can't hear the noise at higher speed. Not sure if its the tires?
    Better have it checked then. Definitely not normal.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Check your tire pressure ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    MAF sensors!

I was along quirino ave when the MAF suddenly died.

Had to restart the car several times and had to drive it very slowly to MI Manila bay. Buti nalang early morning at wala pang traffic.

Anyway, they had to replace the connector pins re flash the ECU i think kasi i was running too rich.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    MAF sensors!

I was along quirino ave when the MAF suddenly died.

Had to restart the car several times and had to drive it very slowly to MI Manila bay. Buti nalang early morning at wala pang traffic.

Anyway, they had to replace the connector pins re flash the ECU i think kasi i was running too rich.
    How old is your subie?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    How old is your subie?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    7 years running 8 next feb.

Replaced it twice na. Once in 2012 and another one last June.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if the Subaru folks here with Direct Injection engines have had problems with carbon build-up in their intake valves?

I've read in other forums that the intake valves get gunked up because with Direct Injection, the injectors are now inside the piston cylinder instead of the intake chamber. Thus, any cleaning agents in the gasoline are not being sprayed on the top of the intake valves which causes carbon deposits to build up over time.

Others have resorted to walnut shell blasting and installing AOS and EGR deletes as maintenance and prevention.

Anyone care to comment on their experience? Thanks!!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if the Subaru folks here with Direct Injection engines have had problems with carbon build-up in their intake valves?

I've read in other forums that the intake valves get gunked up because with Direct Injection, the injectors are now inside the piston cylinder instead of the intake chamber. Thus, any cleaning agents in the gasoline are not being sprayed on the top of the intake valves which causes carbon deposits to build up over time.

Others have resorted to walnut shell blasting and installing AOS and EGR deletes as maintenance and prevention.

Anyone care to comment on their experience? Thanks!!
    No reported issues yet on Subaru's direct injection engines on carbon build-up in intake valves. With the exception of the new XV with the updated FB20 engine (with direct injection), only Subarus with the turbo engines have direct injection systems.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Problems I encountered with my 2012 Subaru Forester SH 2.0XS as of today 11,09x km (yes not a typo)

CEL(Check Engine light) lights up

First incident 1st half of 2016. CEL lights and the vehicle goes in limp mode. Greenhills Motor Image casa diagnosis it as dirty MAF sensor (so they cleaned it as well as the throttle body). An error code is retrieved from the ecu.

Second incident Feb 2017. CEL lights up again. This time the vehicle does NOT go in limp mode. This time I disconnect the negative terminal of the battery. Dont do this bec this removes the error code from the CEL. The CEL disappears. I have the vehicle serviced (PMS) on June 2017 and I tell them what happened but they cant find any error codes (bec. I disconnected the battery)

Third incident. July 2017. I bring it back to Greenhills Motor Image Casa. Same error code, diagnosis, remedy/rectification done by M.I. greenhills as in the 1st incident. This time the SA tells me to use Caltex Platinum fuel. (Note: I always use Petron Blaze 100 since new). He says the Blaze burns (combust) too rich that it dirties the MAF sensor (which gives off the CEL).

So far, I have covered around 1,7xx kms since the cleaning and used only Caltex Platinum since then. No CEL so far.

Aircon

Outside smoke belch comes in.

Aircon compressor

When it engages, the sound is quite noticeable inside the cabin, even a passenger who doesnt know anything about cars noticed it and asked me about it.

This is probably my second compressor bec the first one developed a squealing noise when starting from a cold engine (when it came out of casa brand new) so was replaced under warranty (thats what the casa told me bec I didnt witness the actual process of replacment).
    Last edited by number001; January 2nd, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Thanks for the responses, Egan101 and number001.

I hope the pictures I've seen with gunky intake valves are not a common occurrence in our engines. I would prefer to keep my engine stock so I'm wary of adding an AOS and/or EGR delete. Add to that any warranty claims may be denied due to these add-ons.

I guess another solution are regular Italian tune-ups; so I'll have an excuse to do balls-to-the-wall runs regularly.

*number001, good to hear that they replaced your compressor under warranty. I hope your new one serves you well for a long time.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Common Subaru problems