New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 147
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    261
    #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    With my 2016 FXT running 37k kilometer

    1. No oil consumption on my FA20DIT and I use 5w30 FS oil. I think the oil consumption issue is related with the EJ25 engine.

    2. None

    3. None

    4. No issues so far with the aircon and I hope it stays that way.

    5. Changed my front lower arm bushings at 32k kilometers. Spent around 4k for the 4 bushings plus labor.

    6. FC on heavy traffic areas like BGC is around 5 km/L, medium city traffic would be around 7 km/L, spirited highway driving gets me 10 km/L, highway driving doing only 80-90 kmh can do 12 km/L.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Where did you buy the suspension parts for your SJ sir? Ang mahal kase ng quote sakin ng Subaru Greenhills for replacement of bushings + stab link + labor.

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,850
    #132
    Quote Originally Posted by dinJ View Post
    Where did you buy the suspension parts for your SJ sir? Ang mahal kase ng quote sakin ng Subaru Greenhills for replacement of bushings + stab link + labor.
    Go to HMS Auto Saloon in Banawe. They offer original and replacement bushings. Replacement ones are just 500 each and most say they last as long as original ones. By the way, Subaru uses the same bushing for the SG, SH, and SJ Foresters.

    I had the bushings installed at Velocity Underchassis in Mandaluyong for less than 2k and that includes machine pressing of the bushings.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,580
    #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Go to HMS Auto Saloon in Banawe. They offer original and replacement bushings. Replacement ones are just 500 each and most say they last as long as original ones. By the way, Subaru uses the same bushing for the SG, SH, and SJ Foresters.

    I had the bushings installed at Velocity Underchassis in Mandaluyong for less than 2k and that includes machine pressing of the bushings.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Parang mas matibay pa yung oem, subbie has been through a lot lately...


  4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    190
    #134
    Sir istan, question po:

    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    2008 impreza 2.0 rs here.
    80k kms already.

    3. Cylinder head gasket problem.<~ replaced once, both sides. Mura part, mahal labor.

    4. Aircon problems. 2x evaporator, 1x thermistor
    At what odometer reading (or vehicle age) did the head gasket and evaporator leak?


    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,668
    #135
    If i remember correctly, gasket replaced at 65k kms

    Evap at 50k kms, 2nd time at 87k kms.

    Travel around 10k a year.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,668
    #136
    2nd time evap, replaced together with thermistor. May small leak na raw according to coolmate.

    Coolmate for my aircon needs, casa for gasket and power steering pumps

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    190
    #137
    Thanks for the info, Sir istan!

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,249
    #138
    Mazda and Subaru quality is nowhere near that of Honda and Toyota ... Fanbois are just in denial ...

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27,038
    #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Mazda and Subaru quality is nowhere near that of Honda and Toyota ... Fanbois are just in denial ...
    mazda6 and the xv are rated reliable by consumer reports.

    sure the older models are not as reliable but newer models tend to improve. example.. really old honda jazz... its improved over the years.

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,850
    #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Mazda and Subaru quality is nowhere near that of Honda and Toyota ... Fanbois are just in denial ...
    I wouldnt buy an overpriced CUV for just its brand name. Given a choice between a Forester or CX5 over a RAV4 for the price they have now, its a no brainer unless Im a Toyota fanboi.

    Or maybe an Altis 2.0V over a Mazda3 2.0R, there is no question.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Common Subaru problems