New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Im considering a 2010 WRX hatch. Anything I should look out for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 4A92 View Post
    Im considering a 2010 WRX hatch. Anything I should look out for?

Check for leaks from the engine and shocks. The oil seals would have worn out by this time if they have not yet been replaced.

Check for boost leaks and for any knocking or pinging during hard acceleration.

Check that the aircon is still blowing cold air. Also check the condition of the cabin filter. Ask if the evaporator has ever been replaced.

Ask to see the maintenance stamp book if it was serviced in the casa.

Check the level and quality of all fluids: oil, coolant, brakes, power steering, transmission. Ask when these were last drained and replaced. Not just topped off.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Wow that’s comprehensive! Any particular known issues plaguing WRXs? I’m a total noob on Subies coming from a Mitsu family.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Wow that’s comprehensive! Any particular known issues plaguing WRXs? I’m a total noob on Subies coming from a Mitsu family.

Unless the WRX you are looking at was raced at the track for extended periods or modded heavily, the maintenance checks listed by SpinCycle is common for a used car with a turbo.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Sounds good. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2018

Nothing really stands out as a major issue. But if the car’s been modified, you need to ask the mod list and check for issues related to those mods.

Oh and check the belts and water pump as well.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I'm planning to get a wrx 2014 cvt with 24k mileage. Any feeback on subaru's cvt? Ive heard issues with it.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianf13 View Post
    I'm planning to get a wrx 2014 cvt with 24k mileage. Any feeback on subaru's cvt? Ive heard issues with it.
    Just follow manufacturer's recommendation on periodic CVT fluid change....every 30-40k kms depending on use/abuse....Baby it if you're keeping it long term.Common Subaru problems

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianf13 View Post
    Subaru turbo engines have proven to be reliable but if buying used, just make sure you get one with no problems with its turbocharger.

Ask the owner for a detailed maintenance history.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Just had 2900km from my last fluid change, oil change again when it reaches 3k...earlier than usual

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Common Subaru problems