New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Akky M View Post
    Different driving dynamics . . happy with both . . grin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that a CX5? For one thing, outward visibility in a Subaru crossover is great. The big windows makes you feel like you’re sitting on top of the vehicle.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    how do you quantify different? i have no experience with driving both or cuvs for that matter. interested to know your insight.
    Each car drives differently, much more against a certain category - sedan to crossover to trucks. Some car platforms inspire confidence where you have no problems pushing them to their limits.

Crossovers tend to drive in a way similarly to their sedan cousins (assuming similar platform) but you are just higher off the ground. With a Subaru crossover, you can be a bit more aggressive as the car feels flat off the ground and its AWD system tries to keep all 4 wheels always in contact to the ground. I have driven my Forester XT at high speeds (150kmh) in rainy highway conditions yet the car doesn’t complain at all.

For me, two of the best affordable driving cars are the Fiesta and Jazz. They are easy to trash around yet you have that sense of control. Accords (most generations) also drive very well - they feel close to the ground yet its girth feels smaller than its size when driven hard. I would say Accords even drive better than a regular Civic.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Is that a CX5? For one thing, outward visibility in a Subaru crossover is great. The big windows makes you feel like you’re sitting on top of the vehicle.

Yes its a CX5. Outback is more planted with its AWD system and lower overall height compare to CX5 or Forester, visibility is good and NVH, you would not really feel the kind of roads we have.

Driving an Outback is almost comparable with a midsize sedan. The 2022 has a lot of safety features that you will not find in any cars of the same price category, my eldest prefer to drive it over the CX5.

CX5 is more of spirited driving in my opinion, nimble.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yes its a CX5. Outback is more planted with its AWD system and lower overall height compare to CX5 or Forester, visibility is good and NVH, you would not really feel the kind of roads we have.

Driving an Outback is almost comparable with a midsize sedan. The 2022 has a lot of safety features that you will not find in any cars of the same price category, my eldest prefer to drive it over the CX5.

CX5 is more of spirited driving in my opinion, nimble.

Like driving a Legacy on stilts. The Outback, Legacy, and Ascent share the same platform.

The CX5 shares its platform with the Mazda3. What engine do you have on that? How fast have you flogged that? Wala ata locally available na CX5 with 2.5L turbo engine.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Like driving a Legacy on stilts. The Outback, Legacy, and Ascent share the same platform.

The CX5 shares its platform with the Mazda3. What engine do you have on that? How fast have you flogged that? Wala ata locally available na CX5 with 2.5L turbo engine.

2.0 NA for my CX5, used by my other half.

Outback is 2.5 NA. Phils including Australia only offering is 2.5 NA for 22 model. Only US got the Wilderness 2.4 Turbo version.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    2.0 NA for my CX5, used by my other half.

Outback is 2.5 NA. Phils including Australia only offering is 2.5 NA for 22 model. Only US got the Wilderness 2.4 Turbo version.

Motor Image should have brought the Forester 2.5L here instead of the 2.0L, just like in North America. Since wala na XT model, that should be more adequate for the size of the Forester.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234