New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Here's the edition you've been waiting for, bai....Forester Ultimate Customised Kit Special...2019 Subaru Forester [5th Generation]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Hehehe.

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    2019 Subaru Forester [5th Generation] Why the forced-induction fetish, bai? Good drivers won't need those.....& w/ NA comes reliability.2019 Subaru Forester [5th Generation]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    It depends on the car really. In the case of Subie turbo car owners, a lot of us are happy with them. I have an NA car now (2.0L NA) and I push it to its limits on open roads but it doesn’t have the pull like a turbo engine.

I like gas NA cars also but not the small displacement ones. They are good commuter cars though but given a choice between the likes of a Mazda 3 versus a Mazda 6, I would opt for the 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Is the visibility as good as the previous gen?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA25 View Post
    Is the visibility as good as the previous gen?
    Yep it is.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It depends on the car really. In the case of Subie turbo car owners, a lot of us are happy with them. I have an NA car now (2.0L NA) and I push it to its limits on open roads but it doesn’t have the pull like a turbo engine.

I like gas NA cars also but not the small displacement ones. They are good commuter cars though but given a choice between the likes of a Mazda 3 versus a Mazda 6, I would opt for the 6.

Hi Egan,

I'm in the market for a crossover / SUV (gas variants) and Forester is one of them aside. Siguro my top 3 choices by rank are:
    1. Fortuner 2.7 (sadly no more brand new)
    2. Forester 5th gen
    3. FXT (not confident yet sa reliability of a 2nd hand unit. sana swertehin sa seller)

How would you describe the performance 2.0L NA of your Forester for both city and highways? I currently own a Civic RS Turbo but my family are doing weekend trips almost every weekend and I need more space for our luggages.. kaya ayun.

I'm not a speed freak or anything like that pero I find the turbo useful for overtaking and small bursts sa open highway to enjoy it.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    even the new wilderness pack looks "old"

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Grabe the color. So hideous!

Weakpoint talaga yung 2.0L engine, wala na nga yung XT option, bulok pa nung natirang engine.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Grabe the color. So hideous!

Weakpoint talaga yung 2.0L engine, wala na nga yung XT option, bulok pa nung natirang engine.
    They could have used the 2.5L NA engine like the one used globally.

Subaru decided to cut the XT with the SK platform starting 2019. The XT only accounts for less than 15% of all Forester SJs sold between 2013 to 2018.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    What is going on with Subaru lately? They've been offering weaker engines at higher prices just because its equipped with their eyesight I guess. People are still buying them though. I think the common folks think of Subaru as "luxury" cars, hence the acceptance of the pricing. Me personally, the only Subaru I'd buy now is a STI or a BRZ.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast