New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Haha, I see. So I asked them about this and they told me that they "manually" bleed out the fluid through each caliper. So is that the traditional way of doing it? Is there anything wrong in doing it like this?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Wala naman siguro. That’s how I see shops do it. You just need to make sure there is no air within the brake lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yep. Your car is still new. The 7-year-old brake fluid on the other car still looked clear when we manually flushed it a few months ago. Just make sure na di matuyuan ang reservoir while bleeding para di mapasukan ng hangin.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Haha, I see. So I asked them about this and they told me that they "manually" bleed out the fluid through each caliper. So is that the traditional way of doing it? Is there anything wrong in doing it like this?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    kung manual bleeding, parang mahal yan 1.5k.. for that price, i can buy the tool and do it myself.. hehe.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Wala naman siguro. That’s how I see shops do it. You just need to make sure there is no air within the brake lines.

Right. I also asked MI and they do it the same way. They don't have machines like brake flush machines or compressors. To check if the fluid needs changing or not, they check the fluid reservoir level and do visual check only. They don't use those pens to check for the fluid's moisture content.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Yep. Your car is still new. The 7-year-old brake fluid on the other car still looked clear when we manually flushed it a few months ago. Just make sure na di matuyuan ang reservoir while bleeding para di mapasukan ng hangin.
    So no need to change brake fluid pa? Some people say kasi na every 3 years magandang magpalit ng fluid pero wala talagang fixed interval.

Which is the better way of checking though, visual check or using a brake fluid pen tester to know moisture content? Or does it even matter? If most shops here (including MI) is doing visual checks only, I wonder if the pen tester is really worth using.

I have a 1L Prestone DOT4 here. A quick Google search says that 3 x 12 oz. bottles of brake fluid would be enough to bleed out the system so I guess I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    kung manual bleeding, parang mahal yan 1.5k.. for that price, i can buy the tool and do it myself.. hehe.
    That's what I thought. Parang ang mahal. I'll have to check with 2211 Works to compare their prices. Medyo hindi rin ako comfortable on how Fusion R treats me/responds to my queries. Ang susungit nung mga babae, halatang walang pakialam sa mga customer conerns. Basta lang magawa yung pinapagawa, yun lang ang importante sa kanila.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Right. I also asked MI and they do it the same way. They don't have machines like brake flush machines or compressors. To check if the fluid needs changing or not, they check the fluid reservoir level and do visual check only. They don't use those pens to check for the fluid's moisture content.

So no need to change brake fluid pa? Some people say kasi na every 3 years magandang magpalit ng fluid pero wala talagang fixed interval.

Which is the better way of checking though, visual check or using a brake fluid pen tester to know moisture content? Or does it even matter? If most shops here (including MI) is doing visual checks only, I wonder if the pen tester is really worth using.

I have a 1L Prestone DOT4 here. A quick Google search says that 3 x 12 oz. bottles of brake fluid would be enough to bleed out the system so I guess I'm good.

That's what I thought. Parang ang mahal. I'll have to check with 2211 Works to compare their prices. Medyo hindi rin ako comfortable on how Fusion R treats me/responds to my queries. Ang susungit nung mga babae, halatang walang pakialam sa mga customer conerns. Basta lang magawa yung pinapagawa, yun lang ang importante sa kanila.
    Ayaw niyo i-DIY? Hehe. I did it in less than an hour on my 9 year old Subaru. Just needed a 10mm wrench, a 4mm clear aquarium hose and another person to press the brake pedal. Got out 500ml of dirty brake fluid.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    IMO, 1.5K isn't bad. kailangan mo ilift konti yung car tapos (kung first time mo) hahanapin mo pa yung screw...
    worst case magtatanggal ka pa ng gulong... plus the assistant na tatapak sa brakes.

Ingat lang baka hindi match yung fluid mo (those old enough will remember what happens if you mix National and Prestone )

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    IMO, 1.5K isn't bad. kailangan mo ilift konti yung car tapos (kung first time mo) hahanapin mo pa yung screw...
    worst case magtatanggal ka pa ng gulong... plus the assistant na tatapak sa brakes.

Ingat lang baka hindi match yung fluid mo (those old enough will remember what happens if you mix National and Prestone )
    Kung XV, possible no need to lift the car since mataas naman ground clearance. Pwede na hindi magtanggal ng gulong but it may be more messy.

I removed the wheels on my Subaru because its more convenient for me. Ang dali lang naman mag tanggal at kabit ulit ng gulong.

Yung 1.5k i-date mo na lang yan hahaha

8. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Ayaw niyo i-DIY? Hehe. I did it in less than an hour on my 9 year old Subaru. Just needed a 10mm wrench, a 4mm clear aquarium hose and another person to press the brake pedal. Got out 500ml of dirty brake fluid.
    Not now pero eventually Wala pa kong confidence sa sarili ko na gawin by myself, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

2211 Works' labor for brake fluid replacement is just P800. Fusion R's is P1600. Pero yung change oil naman kay 2211, P800 din. Kay Fusion R, P400 lang, lol. So you really won't get the best of both worlds.

May fluid mismatch pa pala? How would I know? Akala ko pwedeng kahit anong DOT4? Si MI ang gamit kasi is Motul DOT4.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    So the last PMS of my car was around Oct/Nov 2021 * 45.5K Km mileage and all these were done:

FusionR
    1. CVTF change (Amsoil)
    2. Front/Rear gear oil change (Amsoil)
    3. Throttle body cleaning

Comments from FusionR:
    - air filter needs to be changed at that time but I haven't changed it yet. Should I change it this time?
    - arm bushing (big and small) need to be changed because malaki na ang "punit". Should I change these this time?
    - makapal pa ang brake pads. Should I have this checked first before deciding to change it?
    - they advise to replace the thermostat and coolant every 40K Km. I didn't do this yet because MI recommends coolant replacement every 50K Km and thermostat replacement (and radiator assembly) only when worn out. Comments?

2211 Works
    1. Engine oil change (Zic)
    2. Engine oil filter change (WIX)
    3. Brake fluid change (Prestone)

Myself
    1. Windshield cleaner replacement

My car is at 62K Km now and is urgently due for PMS. When I had my tires replaced at Olympian Tire Shack earlier, they said kulang na ang engine oil and nasa first line na lang siya. So for this round of PMS, what do I need to do? Can I still use whatever leftover oils/fluids I have from the last PMS? May mga natira pa kasi (leftover and unopened) na nakastock lang sa house.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    So the last PMS of my car was around Oct/Nov 2021 * 45.5K Km mileage and all these were done:

FusionR
    1. CVTF change (Amsoil)
    2. Front/Rear gear oil change (Amsoil)
    3. Throttle body cleaning

Comments from FusionR:
    - air filter needs to be changed at that time but I haven't changed it yet. Should I change it this time?
    - arm bushing (big and small) need to be changed because malaki na ang "punit". Should I change these this time?
    - makapal pa ang brake pads. Should I have this checked first before deciding to change it?
    - they advise to replace the thermostat and coolant every 40K Km. I didn't do this yet because MI recommends coolant replacement every 50K Km and thermostat replacement (and radiator assembly) only when worn out. Comments?

2211 Works
    1. Engine oil change (Zic)
    2. Engine oil filter change (WIX)
    3. Brake fluid change (Prestone)

Myself
    1. Windshield cleaner replacement

My car is at 62K Km now and is urgently due for PMS. When I had my tires replaced at Olympian Tire Shack earlier, they said kulang na ang engine oil and nasa first line na lang siya. So for this round of PMS, what do I need to do? Can I still use whatever leftover oils/fluids I have from the last PMS? May mga natira pa kasi (leftover and unopened) na nakastock lang sa house.
    You logged more than 16k km already since your last oil change. You definitely need an oil change. Dapat every 10k km or every 12 months man lang.

- change the Air filter and the cabin filter. You can buy in Lazada and change it yourself (madali lang gawin).
    - have your brakes cleaned and check actual thickness. Olympian can supply you with Akebono pads if you need to replace either the front or rear pads.
    - change the front lower arm bushings, both big and small together. Bring it to Velocity Underchassis in Aurora Avenue. They can also supply you good replacement bushings that lasts as the original ones (which usually breaks every 30k km). Make sure to bring the car to shop that can do laser wheel alignment afterwards. If you don’t change your bushings, your tires will degrade faster.
    - change your coolant. You can buy Ravenol at Lazada, maybe 8L. Drain your old coolant, then flush it with distilled water (8L of Absolut). Run the engine till coolant cycles. Drain the distilled water and put on the new coolant. Let the car stand overnight and add more coolant to rhe reservoir tank as needed.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast