New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Can the Otani KC2000 be used for some light off-roading as well?
    Puwede naman siguro, kung parang camping trail lang or muddy surfaces. I drive mostly on pavement so UHP fits better for my daily ride.

Pero kung Hanap mo something more like what pickups or PPVs use, then opt for an HT tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; February 5th, 2023 at 06:03 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Puwede naman siguro, kung parang camping trail lang or muddy surfaces. I drive mostly on pavement so UHP fits better for my daily ride.

Pero kung Hanap mo something more like what pickups or PPVs use, then opt for an HT tire.

For city driving and twice a month going home to the province (Taguig to Pampanga) driving, are UHP tires your best bet? Is warranty important with tires? One Otani dealer told me that Otani tires have 1 year warranty only.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For city driving and twice a month going home to the province (Taguig to Pampanga) driving, are UHP tires your best bet? Is warranty important with tires? One Otani dealer told me that Otani tires have 1 year warranty only.
    I see no reason why not. I also go to Pampanga around once a month.

Not sure about your dealer but I trust my source. I guess it is better than no warranty at all.

Since Taguig ka naman, madali lang Punta to my preferred shop in Angono. Ako nga, Paranaque pa pero dinayo ko yun kasi tiwala ako doon.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I see no reason why not. I also go to Pampanga around once a month.

Not sure about your dealer but I trust my source. I guess it is better than no warranty at all.

Since Taguig ka naman, madali lang Punta to my preferred shop in Angono. Ako nga, Paranaque pa pero dinayo ko yun kasi tiwala ako doon.

Yeah, mas mahal lang kasi yung sa Angono at 5400/tire. Yung sa Banawe (Excellent Marketing, binigay din sakin mismo ng Otani Philippines as one of their authorized dealers), 5200/tire lang. PERO, ngayon ko lang narealize na 5 years warranty nga pala yung sinabi sakin sa Olympian Tire Shack! So I think the price difference is worth it kung ganun.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Just had my Otani KC2000's installed at Olympian Tire Shack. And yes, it looks like my wheels needed alignment too, which probably explains the uneven wear on those old front tires I had. Here's the alignment report:

A couple more questions:

1. Because the stock tires were already replaced, do I still follow the recommended tire pressure that's indicated by the driver-side door?
    2. Do you have any recommended aftermarket TPM systems that I can have installed in my tires?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yes, you need wheel alignment. By the looks, you may have suspension issues. Sana bushings lang at hindi shock absorbers.

Just follow the same air pressure as indicated since near to stock naman new tires mo.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Yes, you need wheel alignment. By the looks, you may have suspension issues. Sana bushings lang at hindi shock absorbers.

Just follow the same air pressure as indicated since near to stock naman new tires mo.

How were you able to conclude that I have suspension issues? Eto kaya yung sinasabi ni FusionR last Oct 2021 na kailangan na palitan yung bushings ko kasi malaki na "punit"?

Tinanong ko kasi sa mechanic sa Olympian Tire Shack kanina, sabi niya "ok naman" daw yung mga sa ilalim ng car. So not sure if that includes the bushings and all.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How were you able to conclude that I have suspension issues? Eto kaya yung sinasabi ni FusionR last Oct 2021 na kailangan na palitan yung bushings ko kasi malaki na "punit"?

Tinanong ko kasi sa mechanic sa Olympian Tire Shack kanina, sabi niya "ok naman" daw yung mga sa ilalim ng car. So not sure if that includes the bushings and all.
    Masyado general yung “ok naman pang ilalim”. To check for suspension issues, you need to lift the car and try to shake each tire. There should no play or sway. Sometimes, you could also physically see rubber parts wearing out.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Masyado general yung “ok naman pang ilalim”. To check for suspension issues, you need to lift the car and try to shake each tire. There should no play or sway. Sometimes, you could also physically see rubber parts wearing out.

I agree. Although that's what he answered me when I asked if the there are any worn parts like bushings, rack ends, and tire rod ends (which is what whistler told me that they'll check before doing the alignment). Initially, he did life the care and shook one tire when he was replacing the tires to eyeball if there are alignment issues. He right away said they're misaligned and the computer supported that claim when it was time to use it.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I agree. Although that's what he answered me when I asked if the there are any worn parts like bushings, rack ends, and tire rod ends (which is what whistler told me that they'll check before doing the alignment). Initially, he did life the care and shook one tire when he was replacing the tires to eyeball if there are alignment issues. He right away said they're misaligned and the computer supported that claim when it was time to use it.
    Sabi ni Whistl3r oks nga daw as per his technician. What you can do is to observe for tell-tale signs of suspension bushings wear. You would know if you have worn out bushings when you hear that shudder while going over 80 kmh or when shifting lanes at speed.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast