Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    235/45 siguro.. para mas low profile tingnan.. mas pogi.. hehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    235/45 siguro.. para mas low profile tingnan.. mas pogi.. hehe
    For a sedan maybe but not a crossover, unless you go the length of spending to lower the suspension.

The 235/55/18 looks beefier now on my XT. No change in performance despite the Otani KC2000 priced at around a third of a Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport.

Kung Yokohama, go for the newer models or maybe look into the offerings of Falken. They are around 70 to 80% more expensive than Otani.

Please lang, wag yung Yokohama ASPEC. Those are the stock tires on the ASX and I have no indication of using them again. They may be durable but they lack the extra grip. I changed them with Otani EK1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; February 3rd, 2023 at 02:55 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Yeah. After researching more on my own, mukhang I'll go with the Otani KC2000 235/55 na lang. Bang-for-the-buck at around 5K each. Meron si PartsPro.ph pero cinoconfirm pa yung stocks availability.

As for tire installation, can I just go to any Rapide service center and have them install it for me? Automatic may alignment na ba yun? Plus wheel weights and tire valves?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For a sedan maybe but not a crossover, unless you go the length of spending to lower the suspension.

yeah i like taller sidewalls. got 70 series and 80 series on my 2 cars. more comfy ride, and can go lower pressures if you need to air down when you're stuck in the beach for example

kevin ayaw mo mag a/t tires? crosstrek is actually capable of some offroading. since you use them until kalbo why not get michelin?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    yeah i like taller sidewalls. got 70 series and 80 series on my 2 cars. more comfy ride, and can go lower pressures if you need to air down when you're stuck in the beach for example

kevin ayaw mo mag a/t tires? crosstrek is actually capable of some offroading. since you use them until kalbo why not get michelin?
    In terms of ayaw and gusto, syempre gusto ko mag a/t tires, haha. But in this XV's lifetime, I've never even used it for any rough terrain/offroading so they're really not worth it for my use case. And I don't really use them "until kalbo". This is just my first car and I'm not really a car fanatic, so let's just say the got "overlooked". Michelin is super nice with a super expensive price tag. I don't see myself buying 4 tires at those prices and not even taking advantage of their benefits.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    In terms of ayaw and gusto, syempre gusto ko mag a/t tires, haha. But in this XV's lifetime, I've never even used it for any rough terrain/offroading so they're really not worth it for my use case. And I don't really use them "until kalbo". This is just my first car and I'm not really a car fanatic, so let's just say the got "overlooked". Michelin is super nice with a super expensive price tag. I don't see myself buying 4 tires at those prices and not even taking advantage of their benefits.
    really? bakit ka pa nag crosstrek haha. been watching some crosstrek vids over at Driving Sports TV it's pretty decent offroad. it's never too late to do some light trails on your subaru, to put the AWD to good use coz we don't have snow so awd isn't very useful around here

btw the stock tires on my Jimny are bridgestone dueler HT. it's H/T but has a lot more "texture" to it compared to a normal h/t tire so it's perfectly capable of some light offroading

try mo din mga indonesian brands, you probably can't go wrong w/ any of them. so far i've used GT, achilles, and delium

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    really? bakit ka pa nag crosstrek haha. been watching some crosstrek vids over at Driving Sports TV it's pretty decent offroad. it's never too late to do some light trails on your subaru, to put the AWD to good use coz we don't have snow so awd isn't very useful around here

btw the stock tires on my Jimny are bridgestone dueler HT. it's H/T but has a lot more "texture" to it compared to a normal h/t tire so it's perfectly capable of some light offroading

try mo din mga indonesian brands, you probably can't go wrong w/ any of them. so far i've used GT, achilles, and delium

I went with it not because of it's offroad features. I like Subaru in general and love EyeSight. But unfortunately, basic EyeSight features lang yung first release ng mga 2018 XV's. There's a lot of XV owners that use it for city driving only

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken mine are also H/T's.

So far si Otani parin pinaka bang for the buck. Otani Philippines gave me an authorized dealer in Banawe that sells it for 5.2K per tire. Yung sa PartsPro.ph website di na pala updated. Nasa 6.2K per tire na daw sa kanila ngayon.

As for tire installation, ano ano kailangang gawin in addition to installation? Balancing with wheel weight, replacement of tire valves, and alignment or something?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    As for tire installation, ano ano kailangang gawin in addition to installation? Balancing with wheel weight, replacement of tire valves, and alignment or something?
    Okay naman wear ng tires mo. Kung wala naman problem sa steering, puwedeng walang alignment.
    Balancing, weights, valves lang.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you’re going to a Otani dealer, then ask for the wheel balancing to be free. Since you have not had your wheel alignment checked, please have it done. An extra 1k is worth it to make sure your tires will degrade poorly due to issues with wheel alignment.

The Forester XT came stock with Bridgestone Dueler HL400 and I brought it to some light off-road (crossing muddy patches of road in Kennon road, beach peeble roads in Baler, etc). Subaru’s AWD system is quite good and provides with the proper correction to maximize traction. My second set was Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport and it was a bit better than stock. I went to Lake Mapanuepe using such tires and the XT never struggled with the lahar surface, sandy riverbanks, crossing light streams, and camp trail roads.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you’re going to a Otani dealer, then ask for the wheel balancing to be free. Since you have not had your wheel alignment checked, please have it done. An extra 1k is worth it to make sure your tires will degrade poorly due to issues with wheel alignment.

The Forester XT came stock with Bridgestone Dueler HL400 and I brought it to some light off-road (crossing muddy patches of road in Kennon road, beach peeble roads in Baler, etc). Subaru’s AWD system is quite good and provides with the proper correction to maximize traction. My second set was Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport and it was a bit better than stock. I went to Lake Mapanuepe using such tires and the XT never struggled with the lahar surface, sandy riverbanks, crossing light streams, and camp trail roads.

Can the Otani KC2000 be used for some light off-roading as well?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast