New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yespo.
    casa is known for higher pricing than non-casa.

i am wondering,
    did replacing the evaporator result in the aircon's normal functioning afterward?
    are we connecting the compressor blowing, to the casa's previous activity on the car?

as i recall,
    most shops will warranty only those parts that they replaced.
    no one in his right mind will warranty a part that they did not replace.
    You can imagine his pain and suffering.

The evaporator replacement resolved his initial cooling issue. The compressor was just Murphy's Law.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    You can imagine his pain and suffering.

The evaporator replacement resolved his initial cooling issue. The compressor was just Murphy's Law.
    i am a strong believer in murphy.
    i am also a strong believer in unrelated truths versus cause-and-effect.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    *Egan101

Why are you MIA these days?
    Busy lang bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung mahina buga ng aircon ng Subie nyo, you can follow these steps:

1. Check freon pressure; recharge if needed
    2. Check for leaks; replace o-rings if needed
    3. A whining sound coming from your compressor upon engine start means it is lacking oil. Refill compressor oil regularly to extend life of compressor (2k fix including freon recharge).
    4. If no leaks within hoses and still losing freon, check expansion valve. Replace only is the option for a broken expansion valve (worth 5k for the whole fix).
    5. If no leaks and expansion valve is good but still losing cool air (or freon), check evaporator. Replace and then clean whole system (worth 14k for the evaporator plus all the other services).
    6. If no air coming out from your aircon system, compressor might be dead already. Replace it and, check both evaporator and expansion valve.

A good aircon shop can do all these things. The big challenge will be when you need to source out a broken compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Thanks as usual, Egan.

Update to my issue:

Binalik ko sa CarTech service center and they were firm na hindi na daw kaya ng compressor yung freon spec amount na 400g. At hindi din daw sila nag totop up ng compressor oil. Dapat full flush daw yung gagawin which costs around 6K. They tried bringing it up to 400g again pero ganun parin talaga.

I brought it to Coolmate thinking na magiging mga 2K lang din yung freon recharge plus compressor oil top up. The discounted quote I got was 3K when I was there. Nag go na ko and recharge nila to 400g plus 40cc's of oil directly put sa compressor. Nawala significantly yung noise and it looks like my problem is solved. O-ring lang talaga cause ng leak.

Lesson learned talaga dito na hindi "it's all the same" ang mga gumagawa ng aircon. Na doble gastos ko because of that. Kung from the start pinagawa ko na sa EEB Aire (malayo nga lang kasi from my residence) na 1.8K lang ako kasama na freon recharge, o-ring replacement, and compressor oil top up dun.

Also, walang kwenta ang CarTech service center Taguig, hehe. I'll never go back to that shop.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks as usual, Egan.

Update to my issue:

Binalik ko sa CarTech service center and they were firm na hindi na daw kaya ng compressor yung freon spec amount na 400g. At hindi din daw sila nag totop up ng compressor oil. Dapat full flush daw yung gagawin which costs around 6K. They tried bringing it up to 400g again pero ganun parin talaga.

I brought it to Coolmate thinking na magiging mga 2K lang din yung freon recharge plus compressor oil top up. The discounted quote I got was 3K when I was there. Nag go na ko and recharge nila to 400g plus 40cc's of oil directly put sa compressor. Nawala significantly yung noise and it looks like my problem is solved. O-ring lang talaga cause ng leak.

Lesson learned talaga dito na hindi "it's all the same" ang mga gumagawa ng aircon. Na doble gastos ko because of that. Kung from the start pinagawa ko na sa EEB Aire (malayo nga lang kasi from my residence) na 1.8K lang ako kasama na freon recharge, o-ring replacement, and compressor oil top up dun.

Also, walang kwenta ang CarTech service center Taguig, hehe. I'll never go back to that shop.
    good for you, po!

yes, auto aircon technology is "all the same".
    but the people running the shops, they's not all the same.
    truly, some are more honest and more knowledgeable, than others.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    good for you, po!

yes, auto aircon technology is "all the same".
    but the people running the shops, they's not all the same.
    truly, some are more honest and more knowledgeable, than others.
    The it's all the same concept I'm referring to is the quality of work that different shops do, not the technology itself.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    The it's all the same concept I'm referring to is the quality of work that different shops do, not the technology itself.
    welcome to the exciting new world of ex-casa car maintenance!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345