New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 98 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    Yup their driving conditions are well suited for eyesight. Here, not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah but adaptive cruise control in NLEX/SCTEX? Automatic reverse braking? And forward collision mitigation? Those don't need ideal driving conditions

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Personally, I only have a need for adaptivd cruise control when on the highway.

Reverse braking and forward collision mitigation I can live without.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    Personally, I only have a need for adaptivd cruise control when on the highway.

Reverse braking and forward collision mitigation I can live without.

Yeah, I agree with adaptive cruise control on highways. You wouldn't want to lose control over your car when in a stop-and-go traffic

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I rarely use the cruise control function in my FXT, even on NLEX/SCTEX. It would have been helpful if most people on the road have an idea how to use the right and left lanes properly. There are still idiots lazily strolling the expressways doing 80 kmh on the left/passing lane.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I rarely use the cruise control function in my FXT, even on NLEX/SCTEX. It would have been helpful if most people on the road have an idea how to use the right and left lanes properly. There are still idiots lazily strolling the expressways doing 80 kmh on the left/passing lane.
    I use it heavily myself in NLEX although I drive there only once or twice every two weeks. When I drive in the US, I use it all the time too because of the freeways. To each his own, I guess.

But yes, I hate people that do not know the difference of staying in the left and right lane.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I use my cruise control every single time I'm on the highway. More on SCTEX/TPLEX but even on NLEX I still get to use it.

Drive up to 110-120. Click set. Sit back and relax. [emoji16]

If there's a car upcoming, tap on the brakes, coast, overtake when possible, resume cruise afterwards. If I had adaptive cruise control, the car would be doing the speed adjustment by itself. If it had lane assistance, then the car can steer through even the meandering curves of the highway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    I use it heavily myself in NLEX although I drive there only once or twice every two weeks. When I drive in the US, I use it all the time too because of the freeways. To each his own, I guess.

But yes, I hate people that do not know the difference of staying in the left and right lane.

In the US before, I make full use of cruise control. You need to cover a lot of distance when moving between states. Chicago to New York is around 13 hours cutting across 4 states (Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey) doing a steady 65-70 mph.

Here, NLEX, SCTEX, and TPLEX are not long enough. Nowadays, you can have early breakfast in Metro Manila, drive to Baguio for lunch, and drive to Subic for dinner. Come to think of it, I might just try that once of these days.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    FYI, the Hill Start Assist feature on the 2018 XV Premium stays enabled even after an engine restart.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    FYI, the Hill Start Assist feature on the 2018 XV Premium stays enabled even after an engine restart.
    Nice! So we can keep it on and forget about it.

May orange base model naka-display sa Market Market fountain area until this weekend. Di na ako nagtanong kung magkano

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Nice! So we can keep it on and forget about it.

May orange base model naka-display sa Market Market fountain area until this weekend. Di na ako nagtanong kung magkano
    That's what I did And I tried it yesterday, hindi nga ako umaatras sa incline pero naka alalay parin ako sa brakes "just in case"

Baka old stock pa, hehe.