New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 148 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1521
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    After the 3 years car registration that I have expires, when do I exactly need to register my car again? It would be my first time registering a car so I wouldn't know. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last digit of plate number = month of year.
    Add 2 months for GCQ.

So if your plate ends in 7 (July) you can register in September.

Get your TPL from a bank. If they say your plate does not appear on the LTO's database you have to go to the LTO first to have it encoded.

The actual registration is quick. It's the queue at the emissions test that takes too long. Get yours tested at an independent center.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Last digit of plate number = month of year.
    Add 2 months for GCQ.

So if your plate ends in 7 (July) you can register in September.

Get your TPL from a bank. If they say your plate does not appear on the LTO's database you have to go to the LTO first to have it encoded.

The actual registration is quick. It's the queue at the emissions test that takes too long. Get yours tested at an independent center.

Right but do I count after or before the 3 years registration ends? My plate ends with 7 but I got it November 2017. So does that mean I need to register on September 2020(before Nov. 2020) or on July 2021 (after Nov. 2020)? I'm thinking it's the former because the car needs to be registered before the current registration lapses. If so, when will the 1 year registration start?

Why do you recommend getting TPL from the bank? I do remember getting a TPL from the "tabi tabi" when we registered my gf's car.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tpl sa tabi ng lto is more expensive by several hundred pesos.
    you are paying "for the convenience."

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Not just several hundreds, but double 2018 Subaru XV

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Right but do I count after or before the 3 years registration ends? My plate ends with 7 but I got it November 2017. So does that mean I need to register on September 2020(before Nov. 2020) or on July 2021 (after Nov. 2020)? I'm thinking it's the former because the car needs to be registered before the current registration lapses. If so, when will the 1 year registration start?

Why do you recommend getting TPL from the bank? I do remember getting a TPL from the "tabi tabi" when we registered my gf's car.

Tabi-tabi is double the price compared to banks. You don't even need to tip the stencil guy anymore because all you need is the chassis number.

You need to register your car September this year. Schedule is based on plate number not on date bought. They will adjust the fees accordingly.

We also got our unit Nov 2017 but plate ends in "0" so we're due in December.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Malakas pala ang bato ng reflectors ng subaru. Layo ng abot pati gilid illuminated.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ieddam View Post
    Malakas pala ang bato ng reflectors ng subaru. Layo ng abot pati gilid illuminated.

The reflectors on the base model look old school pero malakas. Mas mahina pa nga buga nung ibang naka halogen projectors.

Last edited by JohnM; August 11th, 2020 at 10:09 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Does anyone have a breakdown of fees for the registration of their 2018 XV?

I spent around 3.3K (2.8K total fees in LTO and P650 TPL from bank) total yesterday but I was not the one who actually went to the LTO so I forgot to request a breakdown of fees.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Anyone encountered check engine light is on and engine is rough, similar to if a spark plug or wire is faulty, would this be safe to drive for 10km to casa for checkup? Car was working fine in the morning then at lunch started fine but when placed into reverse engine was rough. Same after turning engine off and on again, checked engine bay but could not see any obvious signs of problems, oil level is fine and couldnt see any damages wired.