New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    My 2014 car has white plates and a third plate sticker with the registration year printed on one section. I cut a window in the tint at the top corner of the passenger side and stuck it there. I've registered it twice already and I just replace the registration year sticker every time. Will they be issuing RFIDs for my car in the future? This will affect all vehicles with "A" plates.

BTT: What happened to your evaporator? Leak? Our mileage is less than 20k. Only issue I have is that the cruise control light starts blinking after an hour of city driving. Showed it to two different SAs from two different casas and didn't get a definite answer. One even said that I might have encountered a wet slippery section of road. That was when Angat dam was already nearing critical level
    Yeah, they said that "dirt" was starting to eat away on some parts of the evaporator causing the leak. And that I'm not the only one with the same problem. I took that explanation with a grain of salt though but I'm glad my warranty still took care of it.

Also, as they were troubleshooting the issue they offered me to replace the cabin air filter because according to them it already needs replacement. They quoted P3K for the damn filter! I said no and just decided to buy a K&N filter from Amazon for just around P2K. These dealer prices are very unreasonable.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    After the 3 years car registration that I have expires, when do I exactly need to register my car again? It would be my first time registering a car so I wouldn't know. Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last digit of plate number = month of year.
    Add 2 months for GCQ.

So if your plate ends in 7 (July) you can register in September.

Get your TPL from a bank. If they say your plate does not appear on the LTO's database you have to go to the LTO first to have it encoded.

The actual registration is quick. It's the queue at the emissions test that takes too long. Get yours tested at an independent center.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Last digit of plate number = month of year.
    Add 2 months for GCQ.

So if your plate ends in 7 (July) you can register in September.

Get your TPL from a bank. If they say your plate does not appear on the LTO's database you have to go to the LTO first to have it encoded.

The actual registration is quick. It's the queue at the emissions test that takes too long. Get yours tested at an independent center.

Right but do I count after or before the 3 years registration ends? My plate ends with 7 but I got it November 2017. So does that mean I need to register on September 2020(before Nov. 2020) or on July 2021 (after Nov. 2020)? I'm thinking it's the former because the car needs to be registered before the current registration lapses. If so, when will the 1 year registration start?

Why do you recommend getting TPL from the bank? I do remember getting a TPL from the "tabi tabi" when we registered my gf's car.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tpl sa tabi ng lto is more expensive by several hundred pesos.
    you are paying "for the convenience."

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Not just several hundreds, but double 2018 Subaru XV

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Right but do I count after or before the 3 years registration ends? My plate ends with 7 but I got it November 2017. So does that mean I need to register on September 2020(before Nov. 2020) or on July 2021 (after Nov. 2020)? I'm thinking it's the former because the car needs to be registered before the current registration lapses. If so, when will the 1 year registration start?

Why do you recommend getting TPL from the bank? I do remember getting a TPL from the "tabi tabi" when we registered my gf's car.

Tabi-tabi is double the price compared to banks. You don't even need to tip the stencil guy anymore because all you need is the chassis number.

You need to register your car September this year. Schedule is based on plate number not on date bought. They will adjust the fees accordingly.

We also got our unit Nov 2017 but plate ends in "0" so we're due in December.