New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 146 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1521
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Nope, not true.
    I'll find out this September. Hope my go-to emissions center was not shut down due to photoshop shenanigans.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I'll find out this September. Hope my go-to emissions center was not shut down due to photoshop shenanigans.

I had a 2014 Fiesta. I renewed the registration in 2017 and 2018, never did they check if I put those stickers on.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I had a 2014 Fiesta. I renewed the registration in 2017 and 2018, never did they check if I put those stickers on.
    Yung 2014 ko kasi may sticker hehe. Masyadong good boy. Pero I was pleasantly surprised that engine stencil is not required anymore. Toyota 2NZ kasi ganda ng pwesto ng engine number. Nasa likod ng headers.

Last edited by JohnM; February 14th, 2020 at 06:31 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Yung 2014 ko kasi may sticker hehe. Masyadong good boy. Pero I was pleasantly surprised that engine stencil is not required anymore. Toyota 2NZ kasi ganda ng pwesto ng engine number. Nasa likod ng headers.

May memorandum yata si LTO na no need to stencil yung mga newer cars.. not sure kung anong year ang sakop

5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    how hard is it to install a dashcam on eyesight units?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quick question for those who opted to upgrade to the Harman Kardon unit, did it come with an owner’s manual? My sales advisor told me na no manuals included for Harman Kardon Units.

Related to the first question - using USB to play songs, what should the format be? FAT32 or NTFS?

Also, what should be the hierarchy used for Playlist creation, albums, etc.? Is there an online resource I can refer to?

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I'm currently at MI Manila Bay. So far the only recalls tagged to our VIN is an ECU update (SRT 284) and HU check (SRT 265).

Unfortunately the Harman Kardon upgrade is only offered for Eyesight units

So when going to the casa, you can ask them for whatever recalls are tagged for your car's VIN? If you don't ask explicitly, they won't do it?

1) No speed sensing door locks?
    - None yet. The previous gen has a module that plugs into the OBD port. It won't work on the current gen.
    When you say "previous gen", which MY XV are you talking about? I have the 2018 XV like you and was wondering if there's an ODB device that can do this very simple (yet useful) safety feature.

Egan101, where can you buy cheaper Shell Helix Ultra 5W30 oil? Last time I had my car's PMS, they no longer use Shell and reverted back to using Motul 5W40 which is more expensive. Also, 5W30 is generally better than 5W40 for the 2018 XV, correct?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I chatted with the SA about the valve spring recall. Don't know if that triggered the VIN check or if it's SOP for them.

Previous gen meaning old chassis and engine. Don't know the body code but they're the first generation XV including the facelifted ones. The models before ours already have obd autolocks available online. I'm still waiting for a version that will work on our cars.

I bought my Zic 5w30 from a tsikoteer. He also has Mag1.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I chatted with the SA about the valve spring recall. Don't know if that triggered the VIN check or if it's SOP for them.

Previous gen meaning old chassis and engine. Don't know the body code but they're the first generation XV including the facelifted ones. The models before ours already have obd autolocks available online. I'm still waiting for a version that will work on our cars.

I bought my Zic 5w30 from a tsikoteer. He also has Mag1.

I see. I might as well ask them about the valve spring recall.

Ok. I hope they make an ODB autolock device for our cars soon. I always tend to forget to lock the doors when I start driving.

Any difference between all these 5W30 engine oil brands? Would you mind PM'ing the info of this tsikoter and how much you got it from him? Also, how much was the corkage per liter in MI?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Did anyone also not receive their RFID third plate sticker with their plate number? I received my plate last june 2 and I asked my SA and she said that she'll follow up but I wonder how long would it take. The sticker isn't that important naman noh?