New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 144 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1521
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Got my XV about 2 weeks ago. Got the 2018 base model which came to around 1.288m after all the discounts. I was initially supposed to go with a HRV but with all discounts MI gave, it was a no brainer for me to go with the XV.

2 things though that I don’t like:

1. I’m a big guy (~6’1) and I usually lean my right leg on the center console when driving and the center console is angled in a way that my leg leans straight smack in the bend/corner. It’s very uncomfortable and slightly painful. I wish they could have padded it just like what Mazda did.

2. Panasonic HU sucks. Weblink is virtually useless as the only apps available are waze, phone’s built in music player, and yelp. Why the heck would I use yelp on my HU?!? I tried using HDMI and colors are washed out that it’s not even funny. Display also turns off when e-brake is disengaged. I know it’s a safety feature but there should at least be an option to turn it off.

Other than the above, everything else is great. Power delivery is sufficient for me and handling is way better, coming from someone who has only owned FWD cars.

Question on PMS: is MI strict on the “which ever comes first” part of PMS schedule? It says on the documents that my first PMS should be on “1.6k km or 1 month, which ever comes first” and I doubt I’ll even reach 1k km on my first month.

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by suavegabe View Post
    x x x

2. Panasonic HU sucks. Weblink is virtually useless as the only apps available are waze, phone’s built in music player, and yelp. Why the heck would I use yelp on my HU?!? I tried using HDMI and colors are washed out that it’s not even funny. Display also turns off when e-brake is disengaged. I know it’s a safety feature but there should at least be an option to turn it off.

x x x

Question on PMS: is MI strict on the “which ever comes first” part of PMS schedule? It says on the documents that my first PMS should be on “1.6k km or 1 month, which ever comes first” and I doubt I’ll even reach 1k km on my first month.

TIA!
    1. Yes, the Panasonic HU sucks.
    2. I followed the 1 month rule. For the succeeding PMS, I intend to follow my 5km rule (from when I owned a Forester). Although, my XV reminds me everyday that I should already go back to the casa to have my 6 months check (after the 1 month). I do not know how long I can ignore it. Haha.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    2013-2018 worldwide recall on rear coil & engine valve springs coming....Check w/ your local Subaru Dealership on affected VINs.
    Another Huge Recall For Subaru Forester And Crosstrek is Coming | Torque News

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm currently at MI Manila Bay. So far the only recalls tagged to our VIN is an ECU update (SRT 284) and HU check (SRT 265).

Unfortunately the Harman Kardon upgrade is only offered for Eyesight units

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Anyone with Front Suspension issues on their XV (First Gen, 2015) ? I can't feel anything on the handling (steering wheel) but there's an annoying kalampag/noise when I hit a rough spot. I'd appreciate hearing from you guys. TIA

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by surabaya2011 View Post
    Anyone with Front Suspension issues on their XV (First Gen, 2015) ? I can't feel anything on the handling (steering wheel) but there's an annoying kalampag/noise when I hit a rough spot. I'd appreciate hearing from you guys. TIA
    Maybe you need to change the front bushings. Common ito among Subies within 30k km dito sa Pinas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Maybe you need to change the front bushings. Common ito among Subies within 30k km dito sa Pinas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.
    I'm just wary about the casa... So quick to over-charge. My headlight blew out and wanted to replace it.. Casa charged me 12500... No choice, I was going on a trip. I bought it. Then since I had the box and part number, etc... I ordered a bulb online on Amazon. A Philips dealer airfreighted it to me at 5000k FOR A PAIR!! Dam! Grabe ang patong sa casa. I have an Isuzu and had a Honda... all were/are casa maintained. But the patong on the bulbs was just too much. 2500 vs 12500 (airfreight and taxes paid).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I have a 60k+ mileage on my XV. I can hear a humming sound at the front at a certain speed. The humming sound becomes louder as the speed increases. I just changed my tires to yokohama 235 55 r17. I don't know whether the sound comes from the tires or a damaged wheel bearing. Is there anyone here who already changed his wheel bearings?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vcrr View Post
    I have a 60k+ mileage on my XV. I can hear a humming sound at the front at a certain speed. The humming sound becomes louder as the speed increases. I just changed my tires to yokohama 235 55 r17. I don't know whether the sound comes from the tires or a damaged wheel bearing. Is there anyone here who already changed his wheel bearings?
    Some shops tighten the lugnuts by feel. I torque it down to 110nm as per my vehicle service manual.

Normally new tires are extra quiet with 30psi. try to check tire pressures first. Then tighten lugnuts and check for noise. Some shops can lift your car to remove the tires in the equation.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vcrr View Post
    It sure looks like you need to replace those wheel bearings. Shops like FusionR will be able to help you with that.