New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 149 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1521
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Anyone had any recall work done with ignition coil or ecm update? I found na may recall pala ito for some models pero wala naman kami nakuha na notice

I checked in the engine bay and found one ignition coil has failed, most likely shorted?ignition-coil.jpg

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i do not know.
    but if car is still under warranty, i'd bring it to the dealer's pronto, for possible freebie repair/replacement of part.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Called Subaru, three daw yung recall na need gawin sa vehicle, pwede naman daw drive basta isang ignition coil lang ang failed. Will go there tomorrow. Need to leave the car there while they do the work for the ff recalls:

PCV Valve
    Ignition Coil/ECU Update
    Brake hose

Baka raw di pa nasend yung recall notice sa amin since madami raw recall, baka kaunti lang din staff dahil sa pandemic

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Called Subaru, three daw yung recall na need gawin sa vehicle, pwede naman daw drive basta isang ignition coil lang ang failed. Will go there tomorrow. Need to leave the car there while they do the work for the ff recalls:

PCV Valve
    Ignition Coil/ECU Update
    Brake hose

Baka raw di pa nasend yung recall notice sa amin since madami raw recall, baka kaunti lang din staff dahil sa pandemic
    when toyota had a silent recall some years back, i got a call from my casa.
    i imagine, subaru has considerably less car owners to call than toyota...
    heh heh.

good you're finally getting some attention.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Out of warranty na XV namin pero because of these recalls I will have the next oil change done at the casa na lang muna.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Now I have a new problem, the fuel pump seems to have failed. The car just died and would not start.

On a holiday, when Subaru Service is closed for a few days.

I have not seen any recall yet for the fuel pump for the XV locally but I have read that in other locations it is also affected by the same Denso Fuel pump issue of Honda/Toyota.

We are starting to regret getting the XV...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Did you get your XV fixed already?

Most minor issues I found on it are electrical like the HU that sometimes resets and the cruise control blinking. Otherwise it's been pretty ok. Granted it's the coding car so it very seldom goes out.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Yes, issue was resovled, ignition fuse and relay were replaced, a second ignition coil was showing error codes and was replaced as well. Car is seldom used but so far no problems after parts replacement.

Cause of the issue could not be identified however it is possible the failure of the previous ignition coil somehow affected the relay and other coil. Both coils replaced were on the same side.

Never had any issue with the HU after it was updated more than a year ago, Cruise Control have not had any problems either but usually driving on EDSA or Skyway barely could use this as speeds vary too much, only useful on the NAIA Expressway.

Due to the issues we were having I am thankful we could purchase the extended warranty for our peace of mind. Not cheap but potentially cheaper than a major part failure. Buti pa newer models have a longer warranty.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Yes, issue was resovled, ignition fuse and relay were replaced, a second ignition coil was showing error codes and was replaced as well. Car is seldom used but so far no problems after parts replacement.

Cause of the issue could not be identified however it is possible the failure of the previous ignition coil somehow affected the relay and other coil. Both coils replaced were on the same side.

Never had any issue with the HU after it was updated more than a year ago, Cruise Control have not had any problems either but usually driving on EDSA or Skyway barely could use this as speeds vary too much, only useful on the NAIA Expressway.

Due to the issues we were having I am thankful we could purchase the extended warranty for our peace of mind. Not cheap but potentially cheaper than a major part failure. Buti pa newer models have a longer warranty.
    Glad things got sorted. Now drive it more to get the XWarranty's worth, sir.2018 Subaru XV

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Facelift

New Subaru XV launched in PH | C!

Exterior revisions include redesigned 18-inch wheels and a new front bumper and grille. The updated XV also gets Subaru’s double-function X-MODE and SI-DRIVE.
    The Subaru XV has also had its suspension retuned. It features coils and dampers that have been optimized for a smoother and more comfortable ride.

In terms of interior convenience, the refreshed crossover gets a new 8-inch infotainment display system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, an 8-way power driver’s seat with memory, LED foglights, reverse auto-tilt door mirrors, and speed-sensing auto door locks.