New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 147 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1521
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by qvctry View Post
    Did anyone also not receive their RFID third plate sticker with their plate number? I received my plate last june 2 and I asked my SA and she said that she'll follow up but I wonder how long would it take. The sticker isn't that important naman noh?
    We got our plates last year and the RFID third plate was included in the package. I didn't get around to installing the RFID because I need to cut a window through the windshield tint.

We bought the XV Nov 2017.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    We got our plates last year and the RFID third plate was included in the package. I didn't get around to installing the RFID because I need to cut a window through the windshield tint.

We bought the XV Nov 2017.
    When you bought yours, were you aware that it only has 3 years warranty? If I remember correctly, it says 5 years in the manual but apparently only units released after June/July 2019 have 5 years warranty.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    When you bought yours, were you aware that it only has 3 years warranty? If I remember correctly, it says 5 years in the manual but apparently only units released after June/July 2019 have 5 years warranty.
    I don't even have a manual yet. Nabaon na sa limot. I was able to download a PDF copy though.

Warranties vary between countries so it's better to clarify this with your local distributor. Standard warranty for the Philippines is 3 years so yun na assumption ko.

No warranty claims from me though. The car is barely used. Longest trip it had was Manila-Baler-Manila then Manila-Agno-Manila on two consecutive weekends last year.
    Last edited by JohnM; June 29th, 2020 at 05:26 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by qvctry View Post
    Did anyone also not receive their RFID third plate sticker with their plate number? I received my plate last june 2 and I asked my SA and she said that she'll follow up but I wonder how long would it take. The sticker isn't that important naman noh?
    Actually, that sticker of LTO is important. If it didn't come with your plate number, most likely, it got lost.

Same situation happened with my brother's Fortuner 3 years ago. We tried to go first to Toyota, they reversed course after repeated followups and just told my brother it was "there" with the plate number when it was picked up (complete lie obviously).

We them tried to file an Affidavit of Loss with LTO here in Araneta Avenue. After talking to LTO personnel there, they informed us that LTO has no facility in place to file/apply for a replacement RFID to put on your car, in case it is lost.

The advice I worked out from them is to just keep the notarized Affidavit of Loss in the car should an officer stop you for it.

Keep in mind, the LTO office in Araneta did not even want to receive or stamp the Affidavit as "duly noted" or "received" as I brought 3 sets with me knowing full well how much a waste of time going back and forth it would be should they have differing requests for "copies".

Right now, it might not matter "much" but once they start randomly enforcing it then it will become a headache if not handled early. That's my take on it.

Page 13 of 25 is the possible penalty for not attaching third plate sticker (RFID) - 5k php

http://www.lto.gov.ph/images/ISSUANC...no.2014-01.pdf

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I don't even have a manual yet. Nabaon na sa limot. I was able to download a PDF copy though.

Warranties vary between countries so it's better to clarify this with your local distributor. Standard warranty for the Philippines is 3 years so yun na assumption ko.

No warranty claims from me though. The car is barely used. Longest trip it had was Manila-Baler-Manila then Manila-Agno-Manila on two consecutive weekends last year.
    Right. I just thought 5 years is the usual warranty period as our other cars have 5 years AFAIK.

I've had a handful of warranty claims from them already. Windshield (because the auto wiper sensor needed to be replaced and was embedded in the windshield), aircon evaporator (just last week), etc. I don't abuse the car but I already have 32500 Km from Nov 2017 until now.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Actually, that sticker of LTO is important. If it didn't come with your plate number, most likely, it got lost.

Same situation happened with my brother's Fortuner 3 years ago. We tried to go first to Toyota, they reversed course after repeated followups and just told my brother it was "there" with the plate number when it was picked up (complete lie obviously).

We them tried to file an Affidavit of Loss with LTO here in Araneta Avenue. After talking to LTO personnel there, they informed us that LTO has no facility in place to file/apply for a replacement RFID to put on your car, in case it is lost.

The advice I worked out from them is to just keep the notarized Affidavit of Loss in the car should an officer stop you for it.

Keep in mind, the LTO office in Araneta did not even want to receive or stamp the Affidavit as "duly noted" or "received" as I brought 3 sets with me knowing full well how much a waste of time going back and forth it would be should they have differing requests for "copies".

Right now, it might not matter "much" but once they start randomly enforcing it then it will become a headache if not handled early. That's my take on it.

Page 13 of 25 is the possible penalty for not attaching third plate sticker (RFID) - 5k php

http://www.lto.gov.ph/images/ISSUANC...no.2014-01.pdf
    i have somewhat the same problem. bought a second hand car. no rfid sticker. i didn't know better also that time.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My 2014 car has white plates and a third plate sticker with the registration year printed on one section. I cut a window in the tint at the top corner of the passenger side and stuck it there. I've registered it twice already and I just replace the registration year sticker every time. Will they be issuing RFIDs for my car in the future? This will affect all vehicles with "A" plates.

BTT: What happened to your evaporator? Leak? Our mileage is less than 20k. Only issue I have is that the cruise control light starts blinking after an hour of city driving. Showed it to two different SAs from two different casas and didn't get a definite answer. One even said that I might have encountered a wet slippery section of road. That was when Angat dam was already nearing critical level

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Guilty ako nyan - di ko dinidikit sa windshield yung year of registration sticker. I just place it on the glove compartment together with the OR and copy of CR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Guilty ako nyan - di ko dinidikit sa windshield yung year of registration sticker. I just place it on the glove compartment together with the OR and copy of CR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think qvctry nawala sa bigay sa kanya yung third plate sticker na may QR Code.

Yung annual LTO sticker kasama sa renewal ng OR meron ata siya. Ako dinidikit ko, but only after removing the 2 year old one. Sakto pantapal sa natanggal na portion ng tint nung inalis yung pinakalumang sticker. haha!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    My 2014 car has white plates and a third plate sticker with the registration year printed on one section. I cut a window in the tint at the top corner of the passenger side and stuck it there. I've registered it twice already and I just replace the registration year sticker every time. Will they be issuing RFIDs for my car in the future? This will affect all vehicles with "A" plates.

BTT: What happened to your evaporator? Leak? Our mileage is less than 20k. Only issue I have is that the cruise control light starts blinking after an hour of city driving. Showed it to two different SAs from two different casas and didn't get a definite answer. One even said that I might have encountered a wet slippery section of road. That was when Angat dam was already nearing critical level
    Yeah, they said that "dirt" was starting to eat away on some parts of the evaporator causing the leak. And that I'm not the only one with the same problem. I took that explanation with a grain of salt though but I'm glad my warranty still took care of it.

Also, as they were troubleshooting the issue they offered me to replace the cabin air filter because according to them it already needs replacement. They quoted P3K for the damn filter! I said no and just decided to buy a K&N filter from Amazon for just around P2K. These dealer prices are very unreasonable.