New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Review? a sti cut infront of me while exiting c5 ramp southbond thursday midnight, didnt give chase, no contest...thats my review, seroiusly, drove one last year, suspension is too stiff for me, it still has the tried and tested ej series engine, very tunable, rear legroom has improved from the previous generation, i didnt get to drive the way it was meant to be driven, it was traffic plus the SA doesnt want me to bring to daang hari for a proper test drive. Do i want one? 60/40 ...reason is there is a wrx, add a downpipe+CBE have it properly tuned, youll be in sti territory...plus 2.5m price tag is a little bit steep for me, very close to a mustang...like what i said before, the people who buys subarus are fans first, logic gets blurred when youre a fanatic.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Review? a sti cut infront of me while exiting c5 ramp southbond thursday midnight, didnt give chase, no contest...thats my review, seroiusly, drove one last year, suspension is too stiff for me, it still has the tried and tested ej series engine, very tunable, rear legroom has improved from the previous generation, i didnt get to drive the way it was meant to be driven, it was traffic plus the SA doesnt want me to bring to daang hari for a proper test drive. Do i want one? 60/40 ...reason is there is a wrx, add a downpipe+CBE have it properly tuned, youll be in sti territory...plus 2.5m price tag is a little bit steep for me, very close to a mustang...like what i said before, the people who buys subarus are fans first, logic gets blurred when youre a fanatic.
    Sir thanks for the info. How about the models lately? 2015 vs 2016 or if there's a possibility of early releae of 2017? 2015 kasi sa MI naka less 200k

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mykc View Post
    Sir thanks for the info. How about the models lately? 2015 vs 2016 or if there's a possibility of early releae of 2017? 2015 kasi sa MI naka less 200k
    i have no problem with the 2015 as long as it comes with the bbs wheels. i think theyre forged already. thats the one i test drove, no giant wing, it doesnt attract too much attention, which is good

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    i have no problem with the 2015 as long as it comes with the bbs wheels. i think theyre forged already. thats the one i test drove, no giant wing, it doesnt attract too much attention, which is good
    Thanks sir!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Have always wanted an STi as a dream car but came to the following realizations:

1. If you aren't on a racetrack, the WRX performs just as good as the STi at least in city + spirited driving.
    2. I dont need AWD here because we dont have 4 seasons.
    3. If it is raining so hard, I dont think I will even want to bring out my STi. Floods here are 10000x more worrying than slippery roads.
    4. We dont have enough long amazing (AND SAFE) nearby mountain roads to do some awesome canyon carving

End of the day, I realized I will end up spending but not to maximize the car's features, but just "to achieve my dream" + pogi points (and the pogi points you get are only for those who KNOW cars). Not worth it to me since I am not that loaded in cash.

So, it was a choice between WRX or BRZ. However, I dont have a family so I really wont be needing the space nor the blistering acceleration so it came down to the BRZ

1. Fuel friendly
    2. AT because it is traffic even on sundays
    3. Its enough to have fun at a track if needed, not like I need a better car because I dont have the time nor resources to keep practicing in a track to handle more powerful cars
    4. Lighter car, no body roll = not tiring to drive
    5. 200hp is even more than enough for driving around manila
    6. I dont plan on drag-racing every single car in a stoplight
    7. looks good!
    8. "newer" concept of Lightweight+low COG for an "affordable" car vs the supersedans.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    So you got the brz na? Congratz!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *leevanf - congrats on your new drive! I bet if the BRZ had the FA20 engine, you won't mind the extra power. hehehehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Enjoy your BRZ! Pics pls. 👍

9. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    mga bossing, wala namang recall ung 2015 wrx?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kath_Tzikot View Post
    mga bossing, wala namang recall ung 2015 wrx?
    Check online for recalls. Yung Foresters and XVs with the non-turbo FB20 engine ata yung may recall at yung ibang BRZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567