New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1176
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    5
    #1151
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Just leave your car overnight, pretty sure viral particles will significantly decrease to a point its not infectious anymore the next day you use it. Much more so in cloth seats since these are even more porous than leather/faux leather.

    Studies have shown an infectious load of viral particles only last a day at the most on porous surfaces such as cloth, cardboard, and paper. On stainless and plastic, up to three days. And these studies were made on cooler climates.

    Unless you wear PPE while driving, this should be the least of your worries. Just ensure you don't touch your face after touching unsanitized surfaces.
    When I visit hospitals or doctors clinics for appointment and use PPE (face shield, etc). I put them on the empty front passenger seats or even back seats. I imagined the viruses settling into the clothe and difficult to clean. Whereas if it is synthetic leather, easier to clean as the virus are more concentrated on the surface. Pero it seems you meant mas mabilis maka infect sa iba if leather or smooth surface? Hmm...

  2. Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    540
    #1152
    Quote Originally Posted by catpillar View Post
    When I visit hospitals or doctors clinics for appointment and use PPE (face shield, etc). I put them on the empty front passenger seats or even back seats. I imagined the viruses settling into the clothe and difficult to clean. Whereas if it is synthetic leather, easier to clean as the virus are more concentrated on the surface. Pero it seems you meant mas mabilis maka infect sa iba if leather or smooth surface? Hmm...
    Synthetic leather is made from PVC or PU, and covid survives up to 3 days in plastics. Real leather seats are surface-treated and unlikely porous so it might be similar. Cloth seats are porous so its safer if you're worried about transmission.

    Only 8 hours for aluminum and 4 hours for copper and its alloys like brass and bronze.

    With a car's interior acting like a greenhouse, viral decay rate is much faster so transmission from touching your seat is highly unlikely in a day's time. Just leave your car exposed to the sun for a few hours.

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15
    #1153
    Hi. Just got my 2018 FXT. Has anyone had the tS conversion? What shop in Metro Manila does this? Thank you.

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,352
    #1154
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDan View Post
    Hi. Just got my 2018 FXT. Has anyone had the tS conversion? What shop in Metro Manila does this? Thank you.
    Do you want to change the looks or do you want to update the ECU? Aesthetic upgrades are easily done but on the engine/tranny side has limits.

    The XT does around 170-180hp at the wheels in stock tune. There are shops that can bump it up to around 200-210 with a mild tune (ECU reflash + intake upgrade).

    Thereís a limit to tuning the capabilities of the XT. The CVT tranny can only handle up to 400Nm so any more torque will wreck the tranny.

    If you ask me, keep it stock as the SJ XT is the last of its kind unless Subaru brings back the XT.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15
    #1155
    Thank you for the reply. I was just planning some strut braces front and back. Plus thicker sway bars, perhaps. I heard about the STI Flexible Strut Tower Brace. Curious. Also some steering dampers, maybe.

    I wont touch the ECU or TCM.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,781
    #1156
    Fozzyfb_img_1635226979103.jpg

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,304
    #1157
    With Android auto ba lahat ng variants ng Forester or yung GT variants lang gaya ng sabi sa website? Sabi kasi isang nakausap ko ay lahat meron pero yung isa ding nakausap ko ay GT lang.

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,352
    #1158
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    With Android auto ba lahat ng variants ng Forester or yung GT variants lang gaya ng sabi sa website? Sabi kasi isang nakausap ko ay lahat meron pero yung isa ding nakausap ko ay GT lang.
    Sa Forester SK (2019 onwards) na eto. The 2013-2018 Forester SJ didnít have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,939
    #1159
    Nag blink AT TEMP light sa dash ko last friday on my way to MIAS, so I opted to have it checked nalang sa Subaru manila bay. They scanned it and found that I need to replace valve body assmebly. Repair Price 125k..Gaddamm!!

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,352
    #1160
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Nag blink AT TEMP light sa dash ko last friday on my way to MIAS, so I opted to have it checked nalang sa Subaru manila bay. They scanned it and found that I need to replace valve body assmebly. Repair Price 125k..Gaddamm!!
    Pa check mo sa FusionR or 2211. Baka mas affordable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

2014 Subaru Forester