Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1187
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Leather will cost 30T to 50T ...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Leather will cost 30T to 50T ...
    I was quoted by banawe 5500 for german leather. What is the difference between german leather and original leather?

I want to replace the clothe seat and cover so it's easier to clean the leather of viruses or contaminants versus clothe cover which can hide in the millions of fibers within it.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by catpillar View Post
    I was quoted by banawe 5500 for german leather. What is the difference between german leather and original leather?

I want to replace the clothe seat and cover so it's easier to clean the leather of viruses or contaminants versus clothe cover which can hide in the millions of fibers within it.
    The so called "German" leather is actually synthetic leather. Most likely made on PU materials.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    The so called "German" leather is actually synthetic leather. Most likely made on PU materials.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Aka pleather.2014 Subaru Forester

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    What kind of seat and cover do you guys use? clothe?

In these times of covid.. mas ma stick virus sa clothe diba?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What kind of seat and cover do you guys use? clothe?

In these times of covid.. mas ma stick virus sa clothe diba?
    Ako wala, mukhang matibay naman yung leather seats ng FXT ko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Subaru Forester 2014 and 2015 have the same seats, right?

I have the 2015 and my seat and cover is the clothe type. I want to change to Leather (below 6k). Would anyone know what is the best Leather for it (and where to buy it)? Thanks.
    real animal-hide leather costs upwards of 30K.

the so-called "leather" that costs less than 10K per car, are actually synthetic.
    but some writers say that synthetic leather, faux leather, german leather, etc leather, are more practical choices for the non-royalty.
    they are cheaper and easier to clean and maintain.

i bought a used car, with faux leather seat covers. i removed these covers, because my clothes wouldn't slide over them. it was like i sat on velcro. perhaps that is one factor you should look into, when choosing your material.
    also, some folks say leather or faux leather make for hotter seats.
    all my rides are of cloth-draped seats.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    real animal-hide leather costs upwards of 30K.

the so-called "leather" that costs less than 10K per car, are actually synthetic.
    but some writers say that synthetic leather, faux leather, german leather, etc leather, are more practical choices for the non-royalty.
    they are cheaper and easier to clean and maintain.

i bought a used car, with faux leather seat covers. i removed these covers, because my clothes wouldn't slide over them. it was like i sat on velcro. perhaps that is one factor you should look into, when choosing your material.
    also, some folks say leather or faux leather make for hotter seats.
    all my rides are of cloth-draped seats.

Let's say you go to hospitals and you have virus in your pants and it got to the seats. Would synthetic leather or clothe cover be easiler to clean and disinfect?

What would happen if you use alcohol to wipe the synthetic leather? Would the black surface be removed? and what color would it fade into?

For the clothe seat and cover, I imagine the virus would get stuck in the fibers of the clothe. My worry is if someone sits on them, the virus/dusts would rise to the air (versus using alcohol on the synthetic leather). What do you guys think?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Let's say you go to hospitals and you have virus in your pants and it got to the seats. Would synthetic leather or clothe cover be easiler to clean and disinfect?

What would happen if you use alcohol to wipe the synthetic leather? Would the black surface be removed? and what color would it fade into?

For the clothe seat and cover, I imagine the virus would get stuck in the fibers of the clothe. My worry is if someone sits on them, the virus/dusts would rise to the air (versus using alcohol on the synthetic leather). What do you guys think?
    i park my car under the sun, now.
    patay ang virus.
    serious.

i am not aware of a study that mentions the health-hazard differences among these materials.

i imagine, the synthetic materials will offer less friendly haven for the virus, because they do not absorb moisture.

alcohol and fading?
    ask the manufacturer.

10. Join Date
    May 2016

Just leave your car overnight, pretty sure viral particles will significantly decrease to a point its not infectious anymore the next day you use it. Much more so in cloth seats since these are even more porous than leather/faux leather.

Studies have shown an infectious load of viral particles only last a day at the most on porous surfaces such as cloth, cardboard, and paper. On stainless and plastic, up to three days. And these studies were made on cooler climates.

Unless you wear PPE while driving, this should be the least of your worries. Just ensure you don't touch your face after touching unsanitized surfaces.