New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 107 of 119 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1187
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    ganyan din sakin.

Quote Originally Posted by Capsaul View Post
    2015 2.0i P owner here, talaga bang monochrome ang multi function display nya? and no daylight running light?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sir tanong lang po,

Nagpalit po kasi ako ng battery because ayaw na magstart ng sasakyan. Motolite battery pinalit ko, napansin ko lang po after changing battery, pag start ko po ng kotse na naka ilaw yung abs, vdc and hill assist sa gauge. Meron na po ba naka experince ng ganito sainyo? and tanong ko lang po ano solution. btw forester 2014 xt po yung unit. thanks

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by karl2001 View Post
    I am still waiting for parts of.my leaking sunroof for almost 3 months now. Anybody had encounter the same problem. Buti na lang under warranty iyon unit ko.
    How old is your unit and which variant? Which part is causing the leak - molding or the joints?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Capsaul View Post
    ganyan din sakin.
    Same here, an iP owner. DRL is offered starting with the 2016 facelift models only.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alltheway View Post
    sir tanong lang po,

Nagpalit po kasi ako ng battery because ayaw na magstart ng sasakyan. Motolite battery pinalit ko, napansin ko lang po after changing battery, pag start ko po ng kotse na naka ilaw yung abs, vdc and hill assist sa gauge. Meron na po ba naka experince ng ganito sainyo? and tanong ko lang po ano solution. btw forester 2014 xt po yung unit. thanks
    Those warnings lights would light up for a second or 2 in my case. How long does yours stay on?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pmiguelhc View Post
    Hello everybody,

Just would like to make both a contribution as well as ask a question:

Review of a 2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT (Pearl White) Released October 7, 2015
    1. No problems whatsoever (Stuff like A/C not cold enough, sunroof leaks, etc.) upon purchase and 2 months in
    2. Power: Getting low end power is challenge as turbo spooling is a very real thing with this engine/car. You either go slow or go really fast; walang gitna. For those who have experience with diesels where you can slightly press on the gas pedal to let the car sip fuel and cruise, you'll get significantly less torque with the XT if you try to do the same. I previously owned a 2.8L Diesel Colorado which had a much wider range of real power which you have access to. In my opinion, on the highway the XT will go way faster than a diesel but for city driving, not only will the diesel outrun the XT, you'll get twice the MPG doing it. Technically in the XT you can still outrun a diesel (By diesel I mean a VGT Montero, Santa Fe, VNT Fortuner, 3.2 Rangerm /bavaram etc.) in the city, but you will need to drive like a maniac just to do it.
    3. Fuel economy seems dreadful (20L / 100km) in city driving. Daily commute consists of 50% village with humps & 50% stop & go in Makati & BGC; no highway driving. Compared to a 1.3L M/T Honda City I literally travel about twice as far for the same amount of gas. I also noticed that trying very hard to increase fuel economy does little to help in comparison to just driving it normally; it changes drastically when i drive unreasonably fast in the city. Highway driving might yield better fuel economy but then I've yet to try it.
    4. Interior is a straightforward and very nice black/darkgrey leather with white trim on the seats. Infotainment system is a touchscreen with USB play as well as bluetooth phone connectivity which performs even better than on a 2010 E-Class. In my book the infotainment system is even better than that of a 2015 Lexus ES.
    5. I don't like how the HID headlamps are mounted on reflectors and not projectors. I suppose Subaru had its reasons for doing it this way but I find that the low beams emit light at a very low angle. At night I can't see sh*t - which brings me to my question to other Forester (2014+) owners:

Does anyone have any experience adjusting the low beams to point upwards a bit? I'm looking to either DIY it or have a reputable shop in Metro Manila just teach me to remove the headlamp assembly. Not looking to upgrade to those aftermarket HID retrofit thingies.

TIA
    Good reviews. I have no problem with my HL brightness at night though I admit it would be better to aim it a bit higher. Could it be your tint? Also it depends on how high you are seated or your height.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pmiguelhc View Post
    Hello everybody,

Just would like to make both a contribution as well as ask a question:

Review of a 2015 Subaru Forester 2.0XT (Pearl White) Released October 7, 2015
    1. No problems whatsoever (Stuff like A/C not cold enough, sunroof leaks, etc.) upon purchase and 2 months in
    2. Power: Getting low end power is challenge as turbo spooling is a very real thing with this engine/car. You either go slow or go really fast; walang gitna. For those who have experience with diesels where you can slightly press on the gas pedal to let the car sip fuel and cruise, you'll get significantly less torque with the XT if you try to do the same. I previously owned a 2.8L Diesel Colorado which had a much wider range of real power which you have access to. In my opinion, on the highway the XT will go way faster than a diesel but for city driving, not only will the diesel outrun the XT, you'll get twice the MPG doing it. Technically in the XT you can still outrun a diesel (By diesel I mean a VGT Montero, Santa Fe, VNT Fortuner, 3.2 Rangerm /bavaram etc.) in the city, but you will need to drive like a maniac just to do it.
    3. Fuel economy seems dreadful (20L / 100km) in city driving. Daily commute consists of 50% village with humps & 50% stop & go in Makati & BGC; no highway driving. Compared to a 1.3L M/T Honda City I literally travel about twice as far for the same amount of gas. I also noticed that trying very hard to increase fuel economy does little to help in comparison to just driving it normally; it changes drastically when i drive unreasonably fast in the city. Highway driving might yield better fuel economy but then I've yet to try it.
    4. Interior is a straightforward and very nice black/darkgrey leather with white trim on the seats. Infotainment system is a touchscreen with USB play as well as bluetooth phone connectivity which performs even better than on a 2010 E-Class. In my book the infotainment system is even better than that of a 2015 Lexus ES.
    5. I don't like how the HID headlamps are mounted on reflectors and not projectors. I suppose Subaru had its reasons for doing it this way but I find that the low beams emit light at a very low angle. At night I can't see sh*t - which brings me to my question to other Forester (2014+) owners:

Does anyone have any experience adjusting the low beams to point upwards a bit? I'm looking to either DIY it or have a reputable shop in Metro Manila just teach me to remove the headlamp assembly. Not looking to upgrade to those aftermarket HID retrofit thingies.

TIA
    1. Also no problem with the usual stuff.
    2. If youre in "I" mode your description of engine's performance is spot on, my default setting is on "I" and yes i drive like a granny, except when i did 230kph on tplex just to test her out, Put it in "S" or "S#", if want more low end response. Plus you cannot compare your subaru to your diesel colorado, most of its torque is tuned downlow and good for pulling and hauling stuff, our subaru is for top speed and grip at the corners

3. Have you tried doing filling her up the doing your usual errands then filling her up again, i did 7.75kms/L thats with xmas traffic paranaque to alabang and back which is not bad compare to my old crv and rav4s

4. About the Interior, yes ive seen better, on par with rav4 and crv,

5. I have no problems with the lights, maybe becoz i have clear tints

Good day.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Those warnings lights would light up for a second or 2 in my case. How long does yours stay
    Abs, vdc and hill assist light indicator is on when i start the car while the (S) and the cruise contron indicator blinks.

Di ako mapakali kaya tinawag ko sa motor image gh, sabi theres a proper way/step to start up the car after changing the car battery.

To make it short, i have to bring the unit and pay 1500php for them to reprogram the car. Thank you po sa reply sir

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Abs, vdc and hill assist light indicator is on when i start the car while the (S) and the cruise contron indicator blinks.

Di ako mapakali kaya tinawag ko sa motor image gh, sabi theres a proper way/step to start up the car after changing the car battery.

To make it short, i have to bring the unit and pay 1500php for them to reprogram the car. Thank you po sa reply sir
    Dang, P1500 to reprogram the starter sequence?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008

Did casa advice the proper way of starting after battery change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk