New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My brother told me that the BRZ has a better ride than GC. He has driven his bestfriend's GC a lot of times. But the GC V6 is more powerful according to him.

Another thing that he noticed on the BRZ is the sharp handling characteristics. Napakaganda ng grip according to him

When buying a car, make sure to factor in the overall customer service experience, which includes the aftersales. So far, from what I've heard, Subaru ang mas ok kesa sa Hyundai.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by numbah5; October 18th, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post

eLoW...

Actually, right now I'm considering the Gen Coupe because it's bigger. I just hope that they bring in the diesel variant or possible a V6 T if they will be produced.

i own a brz and driven the genesis coupe numerous times, even the 300+ hp V6 not sure if that ever came out in the philippine market though. anyway for daily driving i really wouldn't recommend the brz even if the brz has a pretty good fuel consumption even on traffic. the brz is just too damn small and the ride is pretty stiff to be driven daily. i would've gone with the gc v6 w/ brembo if i didn't have any plans of going to the track. while the gc is more powerful than the brz/86 it doesn't handle as well and not as driver oriented as the brz/86, plus the fact that it isn't making enough power for the HP it has. even though it's faster than the brz/86 it still feels slow, reminds me of a turbo'd civic, you know that the car has HP but you don't feel that much power going to the wheels. anyway both cars are great naman, which ever you pick you would not regret it. for me if you go to the track or twisty roads then the brz/86 would be the right choice but for daily driving then gc ka na lang.

oh and there's no wait time for the brz and they won't force you to buy all the BS toyota is doing. i got my brz the same day i inquired at MI. may wait time lang sa red mga 1-3 months since they usually don't stock red, sa blue about 2weeks to 1 month since yon ang pinaka ma bentang color nila.
    Last edited by foresterx; October 19th, 2013 at 12:25 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i own a brz and driven the genesis coupe numerous times, even the 300+ hp V6 not sure if that ever came out in the philippine market though. anyway for daily driving i really wouldn't recommend the brz even if the brz has a pretty good fuel consumption even on traffic. the brz is just too damn small and the ride is pretty stiff to be driven daily. i would've gone with the gc v6 w/ brembo if i didn't have any plans of going to the track. while the gc is more powerful than the brz/86 it doesn't handle as well and not as driver oriented as the brz/86, plus the fact that it isn't making enough power for the HP it has. even though it's faster than the brz/86 it still feels slow, reminds me of a turbo'd civic, you know that the car has HP but you don't feel that much power going to the wheels. anyway both cars are great naman, which ever you pick you would not regret it. for me if you go to the track or twisty roads then the brz/86 would be the right choice but for daily driving then gc ka na lang.

oh and there's no wait time for the brz and they won't force you to buy all the BS toyota is doing. i got my brz the same day i inquired at MI. may wait time lang sa red mga 1-3 months since they usually don't stock red, sa blue about 2weeks to 1 month since yon ang pinaka ma bentang color nila.
    Got our Red BRZ for about a week after MI receive our bank PO. Pero it arrived at MI Greenhills 3 days upon receipt of the PO. For me, the ride is stiff but not that harsh na nakakapagod. And I love how the Boxer engine sounds with that dual exhaust note.

Magaling SA namin, he gave us the rear spoiler for free and instead of free tints na hindi namin kinuha (we had the BRZ tinted with V-Kool at Tint Hub West Avenue), he gave us free 1,600 kms PMS

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Got our Red BRZ for about a week after MI receive our bank PO. Pero it arrived at MI Greenhills 3 days upon receipt of the PO. For me, the ride is stiff but not that harsh na nakakapagod. And I love how the Boxer engine sounds with that dual exhaust note.

Magaling SA namin, he gave us the rear spoiler for free and instead of free tints na hindi namin kinuha (we had the BRZ tinted with V-Kool at Tint Hub West Avenue), he gave us free 1,600 kms PMS
    wow that's a nice deal, my SA is annabele and only gave us 28k discount. sumali na ba utol mo sa brz/86 fb page? dami na fun runs/track days and ebs minsan sama kayo. at sali din siya sa subarusociety.com para 5% discount on service tapos 8% discount on parts sa MI.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    btw check this out
    First drive: Litchfield Subaru BRZ Spec S - BBC Top Gear
    reasonable gains without changing the character of the car much. exactly what i want to do with my brz but want to keep it n/a.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    wow that's a nice deal, my SA is annabele and only gave us 28k discount. sumali na ba utol mo sa brz/86 fb page? dami na fun runs/track days and ebs minsan sama kayo. at sali din siya sa subarusociety.com para 5% discount on service tapos 8% discount on parts sa MI.
    I forgot to mention that our SA, Neil, also gave us a 20k discount. Magaling talaga.

Yup I told him to join the FB page of 86/BRZ and suby soc

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Update on our BRZ:

After almost 9 months of owning it, it has clocked almost 11k kms. Everyday siya ginagamit ng brother ko going to DLSU and to his night outs every weekend. It's been to Anvaya Cove 4-6 times na and brought to our province last Holy Week. We are happy that we chose it over the 86. Especially that our sales agent at Subaru Greenhills still provides us with excellent service kahit binentahan na niya kami. Siya taga schedule ng PMS namin. Even the service staff of Subaru GH is very friendly and approachable.

By the way, I have enrolled the BRZ with Hillsborough Car Spa's 1 year show car package (paint protection) yesterday. PAckage includes paint sealant application, 11 monthly car wash and wax, and full detailing session (exterior, interior and engine) at the end of the program. Good thing it's renewable. Here is the result after the quick detailing and paint sealant application session:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sir how is your fc with your brz?
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Update on our BRZ:

After almost 9 months of owning it, it has clocked almost 11k kms. Everyday siya ginagamit ng brother ko going to DLSU and to his night outs every weekend. It's been to Anvaya Cove 4-6 times na and brought to our province last Holy Week. We are happy that we chose it over the 86. Especially that our sales agent at Subaru Greenhills still provides us with excellent service kahit binentahan na niya kami. Siya taga schedule ng PMS namin. Even the service staff of Subaru GH is very friendly and approachable.

By the way, I have enrolled the BRZ with Hillsborough Car Spa's 1 year show car package (paint protection) yesterday. PAckage includes paint sealant application, 11 monthly car wash and wax, and full detailing session (exterior, interior and engine) at the end of the program. Good thing it's renewable. Here is the result after the quick detailing and paint sealant application session:

P

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerz View Post
    Sir how is your fc with your brz?

P
    FC is around 7-8.8 km/L city driving. Includes traffic as well. It's running on Unioil's Euro 4 Gasoline 95 octane.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    On the pricelist at M.I. Greenhills, it lists a BRZ variant as "STI LTD 2.0 M/T" at Php 2,078,000.

Any idea what this is? Seems like a BRZ that has been "kitted" out. I guess similar to those Toyota 86 TRD that the dealers are forcing everyone to buy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
2013 Subaru BRZ Concept STi