New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    I know this is a Subie forum, but brand loyalty aside, which would you pick - a Subaru BRZ or the 2013 Hyundai Gen Coupe?

Info on BRZ: SUBARU BRZ - Introduction
    Info on GC: Hyundai Philippines | Genesis Coupe - Reviews, Specs and Features

Pricing:
    BRZ 2.0 6AT and 6MT: P1,928,000
    vs.
    Genesis Coupe FL 2.0L Turbo 6MT: P1,518,000.00
    Genesis Coupe FL 2.0L Turbo 6MT Brembo: P1,818,000.00
    Genesis Coupe FL 2.0L Turbo 8AT: P1,838,000.00
    Genesis Coupe FL 3.8L V6 6MT Brembo: P1,958,000.00
    Genesis Coupe FL 3.8L V6 8AT: P1,988,000.00
    i'd get the BRZ/86 any day over the GC. i've driven lots of sports and exotic cars and truly the BRZ/86 is something else. that car really shows you that you don't need that much power to have fun. BRZ/86 handles very very good, it reminds me of the lotus exige. while the GC i just don't see anything special about that car besides being the cheapest sports car available in the philippines.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Against the 2.0 Turbo Genesis, definitely the BRZ. But against the V6... depends on what you want. The V6 package is a good long distance GT with awesome grunt and a nicer interior than the BRZ. If your drive doesn't include nice corners or twisty roads, I'd lean towards the Genesis... but if you love to drive up to Tagaytay or Baguio, the BRZ would be better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Can a BRZ be used as a daily driver or is it a weekend car?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If daily driving means carting around three other people, and the two who sit in the back are not midgets... no.

If it's just you and one other passenger... why not? Small engine, good ride and halfway-decent cargo capacity.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi guys,

Got some Q's in my mind. A comparison between GC 2.0T 8AT and BRZ 6AT.

1) Which of these 2 will provide better comfort in long dirves?
    2) Which is faster in a drag race?
    3) Which one will provide better FC?
    4) Which one has a better FC in traffic and long drives?
    5) Which one is has more durable engine and transmission ?
    6) Which one has a better engine and transmission technology? German or Japanese?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    Hi guys,

Got some Q's in my mind. A comparison between GC 2.0T 8AT and BRZ 6AT.

1) Which of these 2 will provide better comfort in long dirves?
    gc
    2) Which is faster in a drag race?
    gc, brz wasn't made to go fast it was made to handle well and show you that you don't need power or xxxhp to have fun with a car.
    3) Which one will provide better FC?
    brz
    4) Which one has a better FC in traffic and long drives?
    brz
    5) Which one is has more durable engine and transmission ?
    brz is pretty new but i'll put my money on it since it's a subaru/toyota
    6) Which one has a better engine and transmission technology? German or Japanese?
    brz, gc is a korean car not german.
    i hope that helps.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sariwang sariwa galing Japan..86/BRZ HyperRev tuning magazine!

for sale. PM if interested. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    JackFlash: Go for the Genesis Coupe. You do not have to wait for half a year to get the car sa presyong abot kaya.

April_Ryan: Yes, so long as you and your passengers can easily get in and out of the car. The design is 2+2 in a two door coupe. This can pose as a problem for some people. This being the Philippines locals expect all cars to fit a small basketball team onto four wheels. Not being catty but the feedback I get when I talk about cars like the BRZ is like I was talking about buying original/licensed PS3/Xbox/Wii games.

Keep in mind this has the ground clearance of the Impreza sedan as such should never be driven into floods.

You have been informed! Hmmmm kay?

Christopher Lao Lumutang "I WAS NOT INFORMED" - YouTube

erick_214: Go for the Genesis Coupe. You do not have to wait for half a year to get the car sa presyong abot kaya.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My brother drives one right now. So far he is very happy with the BRZ. Got it last Tuesday

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BRZWRX View Post
    JackFlash: Go for the Genesis Coupe. You do not have to wait for half a year to get the car sa presyong abot kaya.

April_Ryan: Yes, so long as you and your passengers can easily get in and out of the car. The design is 2+2 in a two door coupe. This can pose as a problem for some people. This being the Philippines locals expect all cars to fit a small basketball team onto four wheels. Not being catty but the feedback I get when I talk about cars like the BRZ is like I was talking about buying original/licensed PS3/Xbox/Wii games.

Keep in mind this has the ground clearance of the Impreza sedan as such should never be driven into floods.

You have been informed! Hmmmm kay?

Christopher Lao Lumutang "I WAS NOT INFORMED" - YouTube

erick_214: Go for the Genesis Coupe. You do not have to wait for half a year to get the car sa presyong abot kaya.

eLoW...

Actually, right now I'm considering the Gen Coupe because it's bigger. I just hope that they bring in the diesel variant or possible a V6 T if they will be produced.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2013 Subaru BRZ Concept STi