New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Those Singaporeans are lucky. The BRZ will be launched there in April: Motor Image e-Newsletter | Vol. 47 (March 2012) | The BRZ Launch

Japan gets it by end March: Subaru BRZ Japan Edition To Be Launched in March - Singapore Motoring News - Oneshift.com

I hope MI surprises us with a display unit at MIAS. Next questions are, will they sell it here, when and how much?
    MI already confirmed that they will sell it here.
    Motor Image Pilipinas bares plan to launch BRZ, XV, all-new Impreza - News | TopGear.com.ph

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MI will make the BRZ available in 2013 pa...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    autocar UK tested the BRZ againt the 370z and miata. Declared the BRZ probably the best sports car to come from japan since the NSX. cant wait for the BRZ to be released here.

4. Join Date
    May 2010

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    collaboration with toyota...FT86...andito na daw yan sa pinas toyota engine nga lang...below 2M daw ang price..my 20 ft86 na ang nagmamay ari nyan dito sa pinas..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Double post
    Last edited by JackFlash; June 25th, 2012 at 12:57 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    The ad and PR for Toyota 86 came out in Manila Bulletin last Jun 21:

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/362952...ousing-welcome
    Highlights of the article; key points in bold fonts:
    Or if you make up your mind fast enough, you just might be one of the 77 who will own an 86 by the end of this year, for that is the number of units allotted to TMP for this year, said Yuji Goto, EVP of Marketing. He, too, had owned an AE86 before and hopes to own an 86 – “But the customer first,” he said, referring to the very limited number of 86 that will be available in the Philippine market.

Mr. Goto said they can sell 20 to 30 units a month but the supply is so limited. Around the world, there is a long waiting line for the 86.

In the Philippine market, the 86 comes in three variants – the Manual Transmission priced at P1,550,000, Automatic Transmission priced at P1,650,000 and a sportier Aero variant is also available which features a wrap-around body kit and a rear spoiler priced at P1,875,000.

A White Pearl color option is also available on all variants for an additional P15,000.

The 86 comes in seven stylish colors: Satin White Pearl, Sterling Silver Metallic, Orange Metallic, Lightning Red, Galaxy Blue Silica, Dark Gray Metallic and Crystal Black Silica.
    The other article reads like a press kit: Toyota 86: A Legend Surpassed | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online

I hope the BRZ will be in the same price range, with more units available when it's launched. Out of curiosity, I dropped by Toyota Alabang to ask about the 86. The SA said that most units have already been lapped up by all the dealers' VIP clients. So I thought buti nga para pag labas ng BRZ, di na nila pansinin. But that's just being optimistic.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Any ETA? To me, this looks better than the 86. 👍

9. Join Date
    May 2007

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jmVHaEjT8A&feature=player_embedded]Scorched: 2013 Subaru BRZ - YouTube[/ame]

cool commercial

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    You mean "hot commercial" Definitely a lot better than the boring one that's running on cable TV (AXN, Fox Channel). Except that the "hot" car ad has already been done before (same concept, different treatment). I'm sure you'll remember this. A car so hot, the surroundings get burned. Looks like some foreigner in Subaru's ad agency was searching around in YouTube and thought, "Maybe if I tweaked the idea around a bit, those Filipinos won't mind..."

Last edited by JackFlash; July 10th, 2012 at 12:47 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2013 Subaru BRZ Concept STi