New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    why stop offering the wrx variant? kung may order di ba pwede sila magpasok? just asking

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I had the same question, so I asked MI about it. Their reply was it is priced significanty higher than previous WRX, i.e., 2M vs. 1.7M so better to offer STi variant instead.

However, to some people, such as moi, 2M (WRX) vs 2.499M (WRX STi) is a significant difference. Biglang can't afford status na for me.

I guess the market will later dictate if MI will release the WRX.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks sa info sir arnoldc. hoping MI will release the WRX soon. like you, to much heaven na yung sti for me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I think this is purely a marketing strategy for MI. By offering just the STI, MI will capture those clients who can afford to splurge 2.5M. These clients will no longer have second thoughts about getting the WRX since it is not available. Once these capable clients have made their purchasing decisions, MI will now target folks like me and arnold who cannot afford to shell out the additional 500k for the STI. Needless to say, such a strategy will maximize MI's sales potential.

This is akin to the early adapter theory. When a new technology is introduced, the prices are usually high. When plasma TVs were initially introduced, 42" were priced over 200k. Many think the reason for this is because production is still in small quantities so cost is higher given smaller economies of scale. But this is not true. In most cases, manufacturers can already start producing these items in large quantities. However, if they do this, they will not capture sales from early adapters who are willing to pay a premium. Similar to what MI is doing, I suppose.

But again, this is just my wild guess

There is a downside however. To those who can afford only 2M, they might look elsewhere since they believe their dream WRX will no longer be offered locally. Just my 2 cents

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i think the wrx is still available, but still the old wrx, not the new one with wide body and 265hp.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    So mas napupusuan mo na yung Accord, Boggy?

*ForesterX, sabi sa kin ni Ariel (when I asked about "old" WRX stocks) - "naku meng, wala na din eh..."

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldc View Post
    So mas napupusuan mo na yung Accord, Boggy?

*ForesterX, sabi sa kin ni Ariel (when I asked about "old" WRX stocks) - "naku meng, wala na din eh..."
    that's good news then! but will we get the wide body with 265hp or just the wide body?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    *Boggy,

isama mo na ako sa dreaming, baka mabasa ng MI ito eh i-offer na nila ang 2011 wrx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2011 Subaru Impreza