New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    At least hindi na siya mapapagkamalang Revo. Just the other day I was AGAIN being hailed. Would've been offended had my driver not been doing over 180 just a few minutes ago.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Kinda looks like the Impreza on steroids, doesn't it?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Whoops! Here comes the b*st*rd child of the honda pilot and the 07 outlander. Subaru's making odd looking cars these days, but it still looks better than the impreza and looks taller than the previous gen forester.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Compared to the previous model, the new Forester is 110 mm taller (excluding the roof rail) and 45 mm wider, and its wheelbase has been expanded by 90 mm, increasing interior space and improving riding comfort. On the other hand, the overall distance between the ends of the right and left door mirrors has been shortened by 10 mm through mirror position and design changes. Also, the minimum turning radius was made shorter by 0.1 meter for zippy handling.

Off-road capability is further improved by optimization of approach and departure angles, coupled with a generous 225-mm ground clearance.

- http://www.netcarshow.com/subaru/2008-forester/

Hmm.. this new Forester has a higher ground clearance compared to the Everest and Outlander which is 210mm and 215mm for the later. Any news on when it will be released here?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    photoshopped lowridin' Foz

we like 'em low :victory:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by HyBrideVo View Post

Looks nice HBV! But why would you want to LOWER your cuv? Isn't that what the WRX is for?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Looks nice HBV! But why would you want to LOWER your cuv? Isn't that what the WRX is for?
    Lower center of gravity, better control plus it looks way better filling those huge fender gaps. The Forester STI is lowered too ya know ;) Different tastes for different people. I just like 'em low and i don't take my FSXT off road anyway. A WRX/STI costs too much to insure that's why i got a tall wagon aka CUV.

BTW, that pic only shows how an '09 Forester should look like with coilovers and wider wheel/tire combo..

:twocents:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Lower center of gravity, better control plus it looks way better filling those huge fender gaps. The Forester STI is lowered too ya know ;) Different tastes for different people. I just like 'em low and i don't take my FSXT off road anyway. A WRX/STI costs too much to insure that's why i got a tall wagon aka CUV.

BTW, that pic only shows how an '09 Forester should look like with coilovers and wider wheel/tire combo..

:twocents:
    I saved the pic, hope you don't mind. The Forester is my dream wheels. I don't care much how it looks, I care more on how it rides.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007

That's slick, man. Nicely done!

I can imagine that'll be a popular look for the JDM tuning crowd that doesn't treat the car like a mudplugger.

I have to say though, the Forester looks the best it's ever been. I'm just concerned the 110mm-higher ride height may have taken away its fun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2009 Subaru Forester