New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    almost not an Impreza to me, thanks for the Blue Body color and Gold Rims.

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, today announced the major features of its Subaru exhibit at the 62nd International Motor Show (IAA), which will be held in Frankfurt am Main from September 15 through 23, 2007 (press days are September 11 and 12).

Highlights of the Subaru booth this year will be three new models soon to be introduced in many European countries, as well as the Subaru WRC Concept.

FHI will hold a press conference at the Subaru booth at 14:00 September 11. Masatsugu Nagato, FHI's Director, Executive Vice President in charge of European markets, and Petter Solberg, a Subaru World Rally Team (SWRT) driver, will be present to speak with the media.
    Subaru Impreza

FHI debuts the third-generation Impreza for the European market. Developed around the concept of new and more refined designs for comfort, the Impreza will be fitted with either the 1.5-liter or the 2.0-liter engine, both of which feature Subaru Symmetrical AWD.
    Subaru Tribeca

With new exterior designs featuring substantial changes to its front, the new Tribeca, always advancing the concept of a progressive SUV, has been greatly improved. Incorporating a newly designed horizontally opposed engine, the Tribeca has skillfully combined outstanding driving performance and sophisticated styling.
    Subaru Justy

The new Justy is positioned as an entry-level car in Subaru's lineup. While offering superb maneuverability and cabin roominess, the new Justy boasts exceptional fuel economy and low emission levels. The new Justy will be supplied by Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd., under an original equipment manufacturing (OEM) agreement with FHI.
    Subaru WRC Concept

The Concept Car, based on the new Impreza, conjures up images of future styling trends for a world rally car.
    Other displays

FHI will exhibit its horizontally opposed diesel engine, the Subaru Boxer Turbo Diesel, which FHI plans to introduce in Europe in 2008. Also on display is the Subaru R1e, an electric vehicle already in use in Japan, shown as an example of FHI's commitment to developing environmentally friendly technologies.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    almost not an Impreza to me, thanks for the Blue Body color and Gold Rims.

------------
    ser Yuichi pagkaka-alam ko based sa study nila mas okay daw kasi ang handling ng hatchback dahil ata sa short rear over-hang. so yun ang reklamo ng top driver nila - Petter Solbert. i think bago matapos ang season eh lalabas na yung bagong kotse nya....so ala na syang palusot ngayon..... ang top WRC cars pa din siempre yung Ford Focus and Citreon C4....btw lahat cla ay hatchback bodies...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Imprezas without a 2.5 Turbo? In Europe? Did I read it right? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Alam ko nakagamit na si Solberg ng 2008 spec na Impreza sa WRC pero ang alam ko natalo pa siya nung 2nd driver nila eh. Nasa driver na siguro yun kung matalo pa siya -- unless di pa nila perfect yung 2008 spec. Kung matalo pa siya next year, it might be time for a change though.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Imprezas without a 2.5 Turbo? In Europe? Did I read it right? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
    Thats nothing really new to Europe or most parts of the world.
    Its only in the RP where Impreza automatically means turbocharged flat-4, because those were the only models sold here.
    In most parts of the world, low end naturally aspirated models were always offered.
    Here's the previous gen Impreza 1.5R (euro model shown)

Here'e the previous gen Impreza 2.0R (euro model shown)

Here'e the previous gen USDM Impreza 2.5i

...and here's a chop I made of how the roadgoing WRX STI might look like(based on the WRC cocnept)
    Last edited by AG4; August 14th, 2007 at 04:15 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    ser Yuichi pagkaka-alam ko based sa study nila mas okay daw kasi ang handling ng hatchback dahil ata sa short rear over-hang. so yun ang reklamo ng top driver nila - Petter Solbert. i think bago matapos ang season eh lalabas na yung bagong kotse nya....so ala na syang palusot ngayon..... ang top WRC cars pa din siempre yung Ford Focus and Citreon C4....btw lahat cla ay hatchback bodies...

magaling sana si Solberg, careless lang.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    walang nirerelease na 1.5R dito kasi ang mga luxury auto manufacturers dito target lagi mga elite people. Kitang kita naman , ang Impreza STI dito 2.5m tapos sa US (and the rest of the industrial nations) $30000 lang , full amenity pa yun ah! Same is through with the Prado. Kung ibbenta nila yung 1.5R dito ng let's say 1.2M mas konti kita nila kaysa sa binebenta nilang 1.7 na WRX.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    walang nirerelease na 1.5R dito kasi ang mga luxury auto manufacturers dito target lagi mga elite people.
    They're not exactly a luxury car maker.

Think of it as something like this... imagine if the only Mitsubishi Lancer model sold here was the P2.45M Lancer Evo IX.
    Most people would probably assume the 1.6 liter model probably cost P1.2M.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzmage_89 View Post
    Kung ibbenta nila yung 1.5R dito ng let's say 1.2M mas konti kita nila kaysa sa binebenta nilang 1.7 na WRX.
    It wouldn't cost that much, because the The Forester 2.0X A/T is sold here for P1.25M.
    More or less, the Impreza 2.0R has a similar price to the Forester 2.0X

This would have made the Impreza 2.0R a nice AWD alternative to the P1M+ FWD 2.0 liter sedans sold here.
    Last edited by AG4; August 15th, 2007 at 06:40 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    magaling sana si Solberg, careless lang.
    Magaling rin sya pero palpak talaga ang quality ng Impreza WRX STI WRC car nya..

Mukhang next season pa ang labas ng new car na to...Makakalaban nito yung Suzuki SX4 WRC car..

2008 Subaru Impreza WRC Concept  to be presented in Frankfurt