New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 143 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1640
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Update on the K&N drop-in filter install (installed during 10K+ milleage; current milleage is 18K+):

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/doy/Photo0520.jpg

Notice the dust on the pointed area sa Mass Air Flow Sensor. Compromise on filtering in exchange for efficiency. Bawi nalang sa regular change ng good oil and oil filter. Fleetguard or Baldwin na to. Hehe.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    bro clean na ulit inbox ko haha....thanks!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Bai doy,

Is that the accumulated dust after using for 8k km with K&N filter? I need to closely monitor mine as i'm using hurricane filter (with less filtering ability than stock and K&N). Just installed the hurricane today on my 20k km PMS and the improvement in torque was felt immediately.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Bai doy,

Is that the accumulated dust after using for 8k km with K&N filter? I need to closely monitor mine as i'm using hurricane filter (with less filtering ability than stock and K&N). Just installed the hurricane today on my 20k km PMS and the improvement in torque was felt immediately.
    I believe it's due to the K&N. The stock paper filter was a bit clean and white on the upper part when I replaced it with K&N. Improvement on throttle response and torque was also observed even at 10K+ milleage. Will clean the filter at 60K+ milleage for better filtration (para every 50K-mileage ang cleaning as opposed to the suggested 70K-mileage cleaning for city driving). I believe others clean every 15-20K.
    Last edited by doy; December 1st, 2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: additional post

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Anyone tried blocking their EGR?

Any problems with the car's diagnostic computer after the block?

Interested in blocking mine or installing an EGR delete pipe (kung available dito sa atin).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by doy View Post
    Anyone tried blocking their EGR?

Any problems with the car's diagnostic computer after the block?

Interested in blocking mine or installing an EGR delete pipe (kung available dito sa atin).
    AFAIK not advisable for CRDi and EC controlled cars. Only for old school type of engine (some okay, some say bad experience). Other have tried and check engine light turns on.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    AFAIK not advisable for CRDi and EC controlled cars. Only for old school type of engine (some okay, some say bad experience). Other have tried and check engine light turns on.
    Yup, I read that a member got a blown turbo after blocking the EGR. Hmm.. Pa-cleaning nalang siguro ako sa casa dito every 20K mileage. Around P800 daw ang charge with around 2 hours working time. Baka mabawasan na ng oil catch tank ang carbon deposits. Dapat sa 15K pa ako nagpa-cleaning. Outside casa na kase ako nagpa-service after the 10K mileage. I-frequent ko nalang din ang "spirited" driving.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    800 lang ang egr cleaning sa casa?? parang ok ang price ha, what casa is this? ako parang gusto ko na pa cleaning egr ko kahit 16,000 kms palang.....sana may marunong dito guamwaaside from the casa.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    800 lang ang egr cleaning sa casa?? parang ok ang price ha, what casa is this? ako parang gusto ko na pa cleaning egr ko kahit 16,000 kms palang.....sana may marunong dito guamwaaside from the casa. pwede ba DIY?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    had my 20k km PMS the other day and only the mechanic trainee removed the EGR with the supervision of the senior mechanic. di naman masyado matrabaho ang pagtanggal as long as you know the job, meaning di super critical. mabuti kasi yong trainee kalmado at dahan dahan tinanggal ang part. did not see him slip his wrench on the bolts.

TSCP Strada Mods [continued 2]