New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 137 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1640
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    a little help mga bro.

does the strada w/ fender flare has the exact wheel fitting of a montero sport? the reason i asked is i wanted to know if a 16x8 rim with +25 offset in a 265/75/16 MT tire will give a perfect fit where the tire sidewall is in-line with the fender. btw, i will be hooking this setup to a montero sport.

the feedback by da_docc (above) using a +20 offset is just right on his ride without the fender. so, this made me held back on the rim i wanted that only have +25 offset on their 16x8.

what should be the correct rim offset to achieve an in-line tire to fender fit on a montero sport?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    a little help mga bro.

does the strada w/ fender flare has the exact wheel fitting of a montero sport? the reason i asked is i wanted to know if a 16x8 rim with +25 offset in a 265/75/16 MT tire will give a perfect fit where the tire sidewall is in-line with the fender. btw, i will be hooking this setup to a montero sport.

the feedback by da_docc (above) using a +20 offset is just right on his ride without the fender. so, this made me held back on the rim i wanted that only have +25 offset on their 16x8.

what should be the correct rim offset to achieve an in-line tire to fender fit on a montero sport?
    Bai weng,

Read your PM. Check this wheel offset guide (http://tsikot.com/forums/mitsubishi-...0/index49.html). Ideally, 16x8 with +20 offset ang swak sa gusto mong effect pero iba-iba kase ang actual backspace kahit same brand. Mine is 15x9 with +12 offset which should have a backspace of 5.5 inches pero the actual backspace is 5.25 inches as indicated sa box at Mamba website. I think the backspace label of your choice wheel should be 5.25 inches to achieve the tire sidewall protrusion but with the tire tread just inline with the fender flares (montero sport or strada with fender flare). The picture on the link shows that the tire tread is protruding from the fender flare (passenger side shot) pero inline lang siya sa driver side fender flare due to the commom uneven stance of strada. Sa tingin ko, inline lang ang tire tread sa fender flare ng montero sport since it doesn't suffer the uneven stance. Depence din yung sidewall protrusion sa tire pressure. I had 35psi during the shot.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    bai doy,

so, based on this wheel offset table

it is safe to say that 15", 16" & 17" wheel specs (encircled in red below) will achieve the fit that i want? meaning the tire tread will be in-line with the fender w/ a little protrusion of the side wall.

so, a zero (0) offset wheel with 4.5" backspace will also produce the same result of the above setup.

your +12 offset wheel should have a back space of 5" (see above photo) but not 5.25" as this is for the +19 offset. but if your actual backspace is 5.25", that is probably why it protrudes more. but again, you said that it was only on the front passenger side while the rest are exactly in place.

i will measure the actual wheels of my friends fort with zero offset rim, from the hub ring to the outside lip vs the fender. at least i will know what width i need to look for, to get it right.

salamat kaayo bai

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    can i use the "front space" as basis for my measurement? front space is measured from the wheel's hub center to the outer lip. is this applicable no matter what the offset is as long as the backspace is reasonable?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    can i use the "front space" as basis for my measurement? front space is measured from the wheel's hub center to the outer lip. is this applicable no matter what the offset is as long as the backspace is reasonable?

Oops! 5 inch pala backspace ko. I stand erected. Hehe. Hmm.. Based on your diagram, I also think it's more accurate to use the front space as basis. Pero kung pwede i-fit ang wheel muna tapos yung outer rim lalabas lang ng konti sa fender flare, ok na siguro yun.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    mga bossing, just got my truck knna.. 2011 glx-v.. tanong ko lang, swak ba ung stock wheels ng montero d2? salamat sa advice.. anu pa kaya mganda rim/tire size, wala kc ako fender flare, mas gusto ko itsura..salamat ulit! at panu b mgmember d2 sa club nu?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by doy View Post
    Oops! 5 inch pala backspace ko. I stand erected. Hehe. Hmm.. Based on your diagram, I also think it's more accurate to use the front space as basis. Pero kung pwede i-fit ang wheel muna tapos yung outer rim lalabas lang ng konti sa fender flare, ok na siguro yun.
    bai, di pwede ma fit ang wheel kasi i will be buying them in manila. walang mga new model wheels sa place ko.

can i ask you a favor? is it possible to measure the front space of your wheel so i can use it as my reference. just work on it during your leisure time and no rush.

thanks a lot.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by doy View Post
    Share ko lang po po (how to improve the sound reproduction of the stock 2010 Strada GLX audio system):

1) Turn off loudness and defeat.
    2) Turn on HPF (high pass filter) and set to 100Hz.
    3) Set bass center frequency to 200Hz and increase to +3 with 4 width (widest parametric eq setting).
    4) Set treble center frequency to 10KHz and increase to +3.

I observed the sound reproduction to have more body and bite with some frequency extension (airness) and crisp even without tweeters (6.5inch dual-cone speakers lang ang stock sa doors). Midbass hits with some RnB and Hiphop tracks are punchy and without distortion even at volume 9.
    tried this and yes, big improvement sa sound quality. salamat sir!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRow View Post
    ^ I like to make a PRIVATE album on Facebook and put all my hosted pictures on there. Get all the image links from the individual pictures, then post a reply here sa tsikot, and paste each of the links after pressing the image button above.
    thanks sir! much appreciated.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    bai, di pwede ma fit ang wheel kasi i will be buying them in manila. walang mga new model wheels sa place ko.

can i ask you a favor? is it possible to measure the front space of your wheel so i can use it as my reference. just work on it during your leisure time and no rush.

thanks a lot.
    Ok. Will try to get a shot of the measurement.

TSCP Strada Mods [continued 2]