New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 58 of 164 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by doy View Post
    Na-miss ko na yung pag-"take-off" sakay ng tricycle dyan, sir.
    onli in pagadian..............my probins and my home...........

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I received a number of queries from portable Next Base DVD/TV owners asking how I mounted my unit. I am sure someone else has a better idea but here's how I did my own the mounting:

There are three major parts: the player, battery and the mounting hardware.

Using a screw driver, I removed the mounting plate that is connected to the arm of the suction cup used for mounting the player to the windshield. Bought a hinge, trimmed the lower part and then drilled holes that matches the screw-holes of the mounting plate, and the upper part of the hinge is also drilled with a hole that matches the mounting bolt of the battery pack. I positioned the hinge in such a way that the player, when finally mounted, won't be too high. Painted the hinge black and then connected the hinge to the mounting plate using screws. The reason I used hinge is because I am mounting the player behind the MID so the hinge allows me to swing the player up if I need to check on the MID.

Found a nut that matches the bolt and used this nut to fix the mounting plate to the battery pack.

The battery pack is connected to the top of the MID housing using three strips of Velcro.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    For a clean install of the power and the antenna cords, I removed the cover of the MID so I can pull the cords behind it and then before reinstalling I used a soldering pen to melt the edge to make just an enough space for the cords when the MID cover is put back in place.

I also applied Velcro to the bottom part of the player and the sides of the MID housing to prevent rattle when driving over some rough roads.

Velcro is also used to mount the remote control and the TV tuner. Best location that I found to mount these two is on the sidespace of the head unit.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    DIY king talga

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sorry for the late post. Last late December pa nainstall ni Don Manolo yun Rear Bumper ko.

[IMG]

Last edited by quiksie; January 29th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pol-pol View Post
    [SIZE=3]Marlowem, how about strips of sand paper and super glue?

* TP, Medyo madulas din....
    [/SIZE]

Hmm, masubukan nga, salamat!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sir GO1 can you PM me the price please and where to buy?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_cykb24 View Post
    sir GO1 can you PM me the price please and where to buy?

Price of what, sir?

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    GO1, bro ano gamit mo sa pandikit sa velcro sa remote/player and etc...? mighty bond? or double sided?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tancho_kuhaku View Post
    GO1, bro ano gamit mo sa pandikit sa velcro sa remote/player and etc...? mighty bond? or double sided?
    Sir TK, meron po Velcro na meron nang sariling adhesive. For a stronger bond, like I did to my IPF foglamp switch, you can use "liquid nails". Available po sa Ace Hardware.

TSCP Strada Mods [continued 2]