New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My wife and I went to the Ilocos region last Monday to have my Visa renewed at the China embassy in Laoag. It took less than an hour to complete the application and the submission of the passport. In Manila it will take almost the whole day because of the large number of people doing the same thing.

We were done at the embassy by 10:30am and we have the rest of the day to do a side trip so we decided to visit the Bangui windmills and the ivory beach in Pagudpud. We reached the windmills an hour later and did some picture taking of the spectacular view. Also drove on the sandy road beside the windmills.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I was enjoying my drive on the sandy road and was overconfident that I drove on a softer pack of sand to get to the other side of the road and got stuck in the process . I can't use my winch because there were no nearby tow points. Some guys came to help but all four wheels were in deep sand that my truck won't budge.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    One of the guys finally recommended that we ask help from the nearby NPDC office. I spoke with the manager about my truck’s situation and he was eager to help with the recovery. With my tow strap he pulled my Strada using his Frontier. Just a short pull rearwards my Strada was freed from the bog. The manager told me that even their 4x4 vehicles don’t pass through the sandy area where my Strada got stuck except when the sand is wet.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    We drove on to our final destination which is the ivory beach in Pagudpud. We ate lunch in one of the resorts while admiring the beauty of the beach. After having our lunch we checked on the other resorts to see which one is the best and concluded that the resort where we ate lunch is the best place to stay during the TSCP run.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    While on our way back to Laoag we came across a welcoming billboard to Cape Bojeador Lighthouse. We drove up the hill to see what’s in there. We entered the lighthouse and walked up to the topmost area of the tower. Aside from the nice surrounding views we got to see what the inside of a lighthouse tower is and we’re really glad that we dropped by.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by G01 View Post

Hi sir G01, thanks for sharing these photos! they are great and something to look forward to. I hope that the people there were also easy to talk to. And i'm glad that your recovery gear came in handy again. hehehe...

Looking forward to a test run later this year!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    It was already almost 6pm when we reached Laoag City. Spent the night in one of the hotels and in the morning went back to the embassy to retrieve my updated passport then we finally headed home.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    Hi sir G01, thanks for sharing these photos! they are great and something to look forward to. I hope that the people there were also easy to talk to. And i'm glad that your recovery gear came in handy again. hehehe...

Looking forward to a test run later this year!
    Yes, the recovery gear came in handy again, this time my Strada getting pulled :D.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    THIS ONE I WON'T MISS!!!

grabe yung beach! ang ganda!! parang boracay without the crowd....

sayang sir G01...kala ko matetest na yung pulling prowess nung winch mo...haha! =D

and astig din yung "FRONTIER..." a real workhorse!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ganda diyan ah.....sana makasama ako

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Trip to the Ilocos region - Preview of TSCP's future fun run to Pagudpud